1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

BRS Quality control issues.

IAmNotARealBoy_ Aug 11, 2017

1. IAmNotARealBoy_

IAmNotARealBoy_ Iamarealcrybaby

Got mine, right out of the box, I noticed there was blade rub (Nothing new or surprising), burrs on nearly every single hole, the ano was uneven, and different shades of blue, the finish on the liners are different from one another, semi bad burrs in the teardrops, along with really bad burrs, and misshaped chevrons, and an uneven edge that can barely cut paper.

$316, and this is the quality that is acceptable to BRS.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
    And this is a Green Prem Rep of a reddit user.

5.jpg 6.jpg

2. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade Aku of Texas Super Moderator

Yours doesnt look GOOD, but that green one is WAY outta line.

Ryan Giguere and zephyr05 like this.
  3. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

Did you contact them?

Knife Centers top 25 best selling knives of 2017 puts the BRS Rep at #4. They must be doing it right.

4. IAmNotARealBoy_

Contacted BHQ for a replacement, if that doesn't work out I'll contact BRS for a replacement.

5. Madara

Madara JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

It's just really good knives made by really good flippers, it's not benchmade

6. Silent Jay

Silent Jay Flips more than he speaks JDBA Official Member

Aren't you the same guy who destroys the hardware on the BRS balis you try to mod, bitch because they won't cover you voiding the warranty, buy the EXACT hardware from a retailer and praise how solid the "different" hardware is? :bwah:

Seriously though, you and random RedditUser6754326 should try actually contacting customer service.

I dunno about the random nameless guy, but you always do nothing but bitch every time you come out of your little corner of IG/Reddit.

Forreal though, looks like something slipped through the Fit and Finish check out of the factory. Happens to every company and you really do have a solid shot at getting sorted by contacting customer service.

G-man, desmodus, Dustygmt and 2 others like this.
  7. IAmNotARealBoy_

I can't say I'm surprised by your comment I didn't expect much different from JD. For $312 we shouldn't have to worry about having QC issues to this extent, it's ridiculous. And the hardware is different, stronger, and better, regardless of what anyone thinks. And it even fucking visually looks different, I've had one USAKnifeMaker screw break, and 12 BRS screws break. More than just a coincidence at that point. The fact that these Reps are as bad as they are, and passed QC with these issues is disappointing for the price. You don't see QC issues like this with other companies, like or HOM, or BM balis. BRS has gone wayyyyy down hill ever since the alt blades, and the BB. So sorry for pointing out BRS's flaws, and weaknesses. Now that I'm done, you can try to call for the mods to ban me because I disagree with you. Have a wonderful day sir!

Jedi87 likes this.
  8. kerberos0023

kerberos0023 Little member

I also received the same problem.
    I purchased three carbon replicants and two G10 replicants.
    Two of them had problems. I hope, BRS should ensure quality control thoroughly.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

IAmNotARealBoy_ likes this.
  9. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Little member JDBA Official Member

Man-grinding-axe-vintage.jpg

desmodus likes this.
  10. Mr.LaBella

Mr.LaBella ←The № 1 Devil→ Administrator

While I am not a Mod...Per se. I can definitely kick your ass in a street fight. :D

That said, you do seem to have legitimate complaints, why not try and go through the proper channels?

Also, did someone refund you 4$ somewhere along the way? :idunno:

I am JD. There is no smack that you can talk that affects anyone more than myself.

Do not come in here and try to be Mr. Big Dick Swinging O'Shaughnessy. Not having it.

I am Mr. Big Dick.

Furthermore it is a FACT, not a guess...The exact same hardware Tracy Mickley aka USAKnifemaker sells is the same as used on these knives.

He is a member here, Private Message him. The look on your face will be priceless!

ALL of these things being said: you should work on your delivery, you'll get farther in life.

I am Ron LaBella, and I endorse this message.

11. IAmNotARealBoy_

lolk

Madara likes this.
  12. Madara

Madara JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

these knives are for flipping, not for showcasing. if you paid for $1,000+ for a display knife and had these issues, sure you might have a legit reason to complain. The BM42 had similar QC "issues" because of its cast hanldes, the holes along them would sometimes be wonky. yet its still one of the most highly praised knives in the bali community. just flip the damn thing.

Dustygmt and desmodus like this.
  13. IAmNotARealBoy_

I could have bought the $270 standard rep, but I chose to spend the extra $45 for purely cosmetic stuff, the anodization, and white G10. And they were both fucked up. Hard to justify the price jump when it's as ugly as it is, when you're paying more for only cosmetic changes...

14. laughingbuddha

laughingbuddha JDBA4L JDBA Official Member

Welp... sucks to be you! :bwah:

Madara and stdlrf11 like this.
  15. Dustygmt

Why do you buy overpriced trash like BRS anyway, I mean clearly you do not like their products and it's made evident from just about every post or thread you've ever made in JDBA.

Seriously though, I probably wouldn't be too jazzed up about these flaws either but is it not something that could just be resolved with a simple inquiry to customer service? They would probably sort you out pretty quick.

It just seems like you're on a smear campaign against BRS because they wouldn't send you hardware one time, I mean have you even tried contacting them about these other issues, fuck man cut em a little slack, Have you not ever fucked something up and been like "oh fuck, my bad let me fix this real quick"?

16. IAmNotARealBoy_

I like how BRS knives flip, I really do. But when you pay extra money for cosmetic upgrades, you shouldn't have to make cosmetic changes yourself to fix the fuck up from the factory. I want to like BRS, but they make it so damn hard, seems like every drop, more and more people are having QC issues.

Jedi87 likes this.
  17. Dustygmt

I think you should pump the breaks on the flame threads, as others have pointed out you have a legitimate gripe, give BRS the opportunity to fix the problem before you go flaming them on this forum where 99% are going to be defensive of them.

BRS and other makers are propelling "this thing of ours" forward and getting on JDBA to trash on them is pretty uncouth and will always be met with defensiveness.

18. AerialMorpho

AerialMorpho Little Member

Can't we all just flip balisongs and not be uppity pricks?

19. XtraMedium

XtraMedium Devil's Cohort JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

I will tell you what I know. I got two standard reps in the recent drop. Both are perfect and plenty sharp. I have a premium one that should be delivered today. ( i went with free shipping. lol) I will let you know what it looks like. As others have mentioned, You have spent most of your time here pissing and moaning about screws and BRS ( I believe there was a Benchmade rant in there too) yet continue to buy their products. If you believe they are garbage, perhaps, don't buy them anymore. If you burn your hand on the stove do you touch it again to see if its hot? However, I do know the owner of the Green one. He is not someone that complains. The green one is awful. I'm sure they would replace it or repair it for him. IF YOU COME ACROSS AN ASSHOLE DURING YOUR DAY, THEY MAY HAVE BEEN AN ASSHOLE. IF EVERYONE YOU INTERACT WITH IS AN ASSHOLE......YOU ARE LIKELY THE ASSHOLE.

desmodus, crogers, Ben. and 1 other person like this.
  20. Vampill

Vampill Preschooler JDBA Official Member

damn man youre acting like BRS shits in your cereal every morning, those issues are so minor and easy to fix

Wonx23, XtraMedium, desmodus and 2 others like this.