1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Pressure

longbow Feb 11, 2018

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I gotta say getting older kind of sucks to me. Seems once I made it past 58 things health wise went down hill for me. Adult on set diabetes, which is under control now with an HCL of around 6 which is way better than it was a couple of years ago when it was about 6.8. The kicker is my BP. Can't seem to get that under control with anything it seems. Went to my docs last Thurs. cause I was getting headaches and getting those little amoeba type things in my vision. Before I went I took my BP on my machine and it was 220/110. So give him a call and had it taken there and the lower number was even higher.

He increased a med. for me and that still wasn't what I would call in the ball park as in helping my BP. So another doc on call on Sat doubled the dose and frankly it has gone down only a couple of points and I mean only like 2-3 points top and bottom number. So probably will have to go the hospital and see if they can't control it. Headaches are better though. Just frustrating is all. I work out every other day and walk a good bit and I am loosing weight since I started trying to in Jan. Down 8 lbs in about month. Ok there ya have it, my tale of woe. Ok that's it enough bitching. keepem sharp

Kelper likes this.
  2. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

Update on the BP thing. Saw my doc on Tues and I was in the hospital within a matter of 2 hours. BP responded very well to new meds but one gives me a kick ass headache but it is to be expected. It is now even a bit to low but will stabilize over the course of a week so now I am home after about 3days or at least 2 full days and one half day. Also they found an anuerism, and the main artery's to my kidneys are a wee bit smaller. None of which they think are causing a BP rise like it was. SO there ya go. keepem sharp

Kelper likes this.
  3. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

It's good your on the road to recovery.