1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Pressure

longbow Feb 11, 2018

1. longbow

longbow scratch n sniffer

I gotta say getting older kind of sucks to me. Seems once I made it past 58 things health wise went down hill for me. Adult on set diabetes, which is under control now with an HCL of around 6 which is way better than it was a couple of years ago when it was about 6.8. The kicker is my BP. Can't seem to get that under control with anything it seems. Went to my docs last Thurs. cause I was getting headaches and getting those little amoeba type things in my vision. Before I went I took my BP on my machine and it was 220/110. So give him a call and had it taken there and the lower number was even higher.

He increased a med. for me and that still wasn't what I would call in the ball park as in helping my BP. So another doc on call on Sat doubled the dose and frankly it has gone down only a couple of points and I mean only like 2-3 points top and bottom number. So probably will have to go the hospital and see if they can't control it. Headaches are better though. Just frustrating is all. I work out every other day and walk a good bit and I am loosing weight since I started trying to in Jan. Down 8 lbs in about month. Ok there ya have it, my tale of woe. Ok that's it enough bitching. keepem sharp

Kelper likes this.
  2. longbow

Update on the BP thing. Saw my doc on Tues and I was in the hospital within a matter of 2 hours. BP responded very well to new meds but one gives me a kick ass headache but it is to be expected. It is now even a bit to low but will stabilize over the course of a week so now I am home after about 3days or at least 2 full days and one half day. Also they found an anuerism, and the main artery's to my kidneys are a wee bit smaller. None of which they think are causing a BP rise like it was. SO there ya go. keepem sharp

Kelper likes this.
  3. Kelper

Kelper Penguin Egg Eater Lady Devil

It's good your on the road to recovery.

AJD1 likes this.
  4. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

hope things get better for you soon .health issues are trying things to go through.

Kelper likes this.
  5. El Gringo

El Gringo dashing devil

I been taking hawthorn for my ticker.

Kelper likes this.
  6. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I'm pretty lucky and was on BP mess in my early 30's but stopped when my insurance stopped. Started back about five years ago but my doctor told my to back it off to half a tablet a day. Stopped drinking and lost weight. That and a easy job has made my numbers to greatly improve.

ded i and Kelper like this.
  7. longbow

I'll tell ya it is depressing to say the least. I am on so many BP meds now just to control it. Constant headache pretty much from the 2 new ones they put me on. I am seeing the doc tomorrow and will have a serious talk with him about all this shit. I am loosing weight but it is a slow process. Lost a bunch of weight like 10 yrs ago but slowly gained it back. My anueryism has me a wee bit worried though. They won't fix it til it is 5cm. It is 3.5cm now. I have to see my cardiologist next week for a stress test and my brother put a bug in my ear about even taking it. Hey beats me, but this health related BP shit is killing me! keepem sharp

Kelper and ded i like this.
  8. ded i

ded i Friend of The Devil Lady Devil

Bummer. Take care of yourself please and keep us updated. Smoke and prayers for the best possible outcome.

Kelper likes this.
  9. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

you ever try meditation I swear by it and I have a friend Gunny who meditates ""Dr. orders to slow down his heart rate "" and it works ,,you may want to check it out .. what will it hurt ,,

10. AJD1

AJD1 Prince Of Darkness Brigade Member

:iagree:

Kelper likes this.
  11. Amotek

Amotek Eerie Ver Sable Brigade Member

Hypertension is a sneaky bastard that can deal some real damage! Hope you can find a good med that doesn't have a bunch of shitty side effects.

begreen61 and Kelper like this.
  12. dymond47

dymond47 Better than gold or platinum

hope you are feeling better.

Kelper likes this.
  13. longbow

BP is a bit better and more under control but I take 5 pills daily for it and 2 of them I take 3x a day. Sucks. Ton of side effects from them but am dealing with it. I passed my stress test though running on the stationery treadmill. They were all surprised by that, that one I could run for the required amount of time and two at the speed they wanted me to. Determination for sure on that. Fuck it though it is spring time, I am salmon fishing again so that is a plus. thanks and keepem sharp

Rio, ded i, desmodus and 1 other person like this.
  14. ColdCut

ColdCut Tiny Member

The fishing part makes the rest tolerable. :capnsunshine: I feel for ya. It's in my family but my own hypertension is medicated and under control. Had an Uncle I was close to that had poorly/un-controlled hypertension for years and ended up on dialysis because of the kidney damage. After watching what he went through, I don't care how many meds I have to take. Uncontrolled HBP really messes with your body in a systematic way. Do what ever you need to do to get it in check, brother. Wishing you the best.

Guillermo likes this.
  15. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

Glad you doing better Longbow, sorry to hear about your troubles.