1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Blade Rub: Too Much or Just Right?

NickH76 Feb 28, 2018

Tags:
  1. NickH76

NickH76 Tiny Member

First off I tried looking for the answer on other forums so if I missed I humbly apologize. I am a Newb and just acquired a Flyti 63 but from what I have read it is common for blade tap. My OCD gets the best of me and I wanted to know what is considered too much. I can not send it out to Benchmade because I’m in California. I have attached pictures below. If I need for this to be tuned or cleaned up, is there anyone in California I can send it too?

Attached Files:

desmodus likes this.
  2. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

you're not going to fix that. the flyti is not a perfect design given that benchmade didn't make them. they are impossible to tune perfectly, but are still awesome bali compared to their stock steel handled versions.

benchmade also would not touch it being that it isn't their knife anymore.

learn to love it. it IS a decent bali.

3. NickH76

NickH76 Tiny Member

Would it be best to put the stock scales on or keep as is? Was looking at PB washers but the only size I found was .015 which is thicker then the original.

4. desmodus

desmodus Lid Wiggy Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

No way. Keep the FlyTi on and flip the hell out of it.

I would definitely experiment with washers, but the bigger issue is the zen pins are really sensitive to tune just right with the pivots. You go back and forth tweaking each trying to get it perfect and you just can't get it.

Washers are cheap enough. Go for it. You'll learn more about Bali :)

5. Rover

Rover Rock N' Roll Outlaw JDBA Official Member

Rub looks fine to me. I like 29s and all of them rub the flats.