1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Be Leery of MidnightSociety

drummer Oct 10, 2017

1. drummer

drummer Average member

MidnightSociety has difficulty properly rating a knife for sale. When I called him on it and requested a refund of my money and even volunteered to ship it back on my dime, he will only do a partial refund as if it's my fault that he improperly described the knife. There's some serious integrity issues going on.

2. hickory

hickory Little Member

Unless you stuck the thing in a garbage disposal how do you justify 'partial refund'?

3. ratstuph

ratstuph Hoodoo Operator Super Moderator

Link to sales thread would be good.

crogers likes this.
  4. MidnightSociety

MidnightSociety Tiny Member

the knife is not in the condition i shipped out in compare my thread to his pictures it's pretty obvious

5. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Unless somebody posts some damn pictures, or links, it's mighty hard to decide who's telling the troof!!

6. MidnightSociety

MidnightSociety Tiny Member

7. ratstuph

So MS is disputing drummer's story it seems. Drummer what you got to support your claims?

8. drummer

drummer Average member

Yes, in the hour or so between opening the box and messaging you i took the knife outside to my driveway and dropped it multiple times on the handles and blade tang. Then i scraped the "pretty sharp" edge on the pavement because i love dull knives. Then i dropped the blade tip into the pavement to blunt the tip. Once done, I soaked the blade in salt water to make sure to have rust spots. That makes a lot of sense.

Ive got hundreds of nothing but positive transactions going back for over a decade on this forum, arfcom, m4carbine, and ebay. I pride myself in very accurate descriptions of the items that i sell. I only ask for the same.

Ill post pics later.

begreen61 and desmodus like this.
  9. hickory

hickory Little Member

seandavid55 likes this.
  10. drummer

drummer Average member

11. seandavid55

seandavid55 JDBA4L JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

9/10 and "barely flipped", definitely not what drummers pictures show. Hickory is right, original photos are pretty blurry. But I think you can see the blunted tip. Obvious imperfections should be spelled out in the for sale thread. Especially with crappy photos.

If I sold something that someone wasn't happy with, id have no issue giving them a refund. No harm no foul. Does a reason really even matter? Why not keep the peace?

Just my 2 cents.

BennytheBlade, begreen61 and hickory like this.
  12. hickory

hickory Little Member

I've seen your gun thread posts ;) You can do whatever the fig you want! ;) Love you dude...you nimble no-fear-of-height sparky bastid.

seandavid55 likes this.
  13. ratstuph

So MS, looks like there were some rust spots on that blade even in your crappy sales thread pics. At a minimum it was not likely a 9/10. Your story is looking shaky. What did you want to do here?

14. desmodus

desmodus Cabeza Caliente Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

I say his sales privileges be revoked until this is settled.

15. desmodus

desmodus Cabeza Caliente Lady Devil JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

Never mind.

Current sales thread is locked.

This needs to be sorted out without name calling.

16. Guillermo

Guillermo 7th Man of the 7th son Super Moderator

I need to see what happens.

17. desmodus

Spectator tickets are starting at ten dollars.

18. Amotek

Amotek Eerie Ver Sable Brigade Member

Wilbur?

19. ratstuph

MS has not been on the site since Wednesday evening according to the forum software. Of course I imagine a creative genius could get around that. Regardless it would be nice were he to decide to make this right. Of course were I the buyer, I would be starting to look to paypal or my credit card to resolve this at this point. Assuming that worked, MS would likely suffer a much more significant loss than would he by resolving it more directly.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    seandavid55 likes this.
  20. drummer

drummer Average member

I filed a complaint with Paypal when it was obvious that he wasn't going to give me a refund. We will see...theres no guarantees with them.

Worst case, ill accurately list it on here for what its actually worth imo, which is about half what i paid.