1. **ATTENTION** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! (Yelling/whisper voice implied there for *effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

Affordable EDC suggestions

theBOOMbrigade Mar 15, 2018

1. theBOOMbrigade

theBOOMbrigade Tiny Member

I am currently carrying a Cold Steel Voyager tanto in CTSBS1 steel.

Any suggestions for another nice EDC? Under $300 please. Thank you.

2. wes

wes Mephistopheles Super Moderator Brigade Member

I'll put a vote in for the Spyderco line. Good prices, great blades, great ergonomics.

Not every design is everyone's cup of tea (I'm not a fan of some) but almost anyone can find one piece they like.

A waved Endura might be a good starting point (I carried the non wave for years and years). The Military series, with an eye to the Paramilitary 2 or 3 over the original larger version (own and love but it's a bit too big to carry in most of my situations), might be better but I have not owned or handled the 2 or 3 (yet). A Yojimbo 2 is on my list of 'want to buy' but it is much different than most knife shapes.

With your budget, on the used market, you could do both or all three of the suggestions depending on the deals you see.

Good luck in your search.

BennytheBlade and leo like this.
  3. theBOOMbrigade

Wow, I definitely thought i would get more suggestions.

4. wes

Me, too.

Should have put some balisong click bait in the post title!

5. theBOOMbrigade

I'm not a fan of click bait. I know I hate it when i run into it on Google or Youtube.

6. wes

Ummm, lost me with this comment. It was a bit humour based on the popularity of balisongs on here.

7. crogers

crogers Magnus advocatus diaboli Brigade Member

Clickbait is when the Russian mafia uses photos of hot wimmen as thumbnails for u-boob videos of dognapping, or some other such shit that you wouldn't be caught dead watching. Ups their view count so they can make 3 more cents a month.

Just an underhanded trick to entice you to click on their video.

I HATE it! :madaddy:

QMAXIMUS likes this.
  8. Grime

Grime Tiny Member

I second this, I carry a PM2 and it is a fantastic EDC. Might look into a used Chris Reeve Sebenza, they are very nice knives and under your budget second hand. You can send them in and have them brought back to like new with a "spa treatment" and also buy replacement parts if needed.

One more suggestion would be a much cheaper option, go with an ESEE Izula fixed blade. Tough little knives and a great EDC size.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    QMAXIMUS and leo like this.
  9. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

First I see this ,,I've done many a knifes as EDC and the best knife to handle anything i do to it is a Medford hands down ,,Fixed I'd go Busse ,,but Thats not the question here ,,Medford is a tank but buy it on the secondary market because Gregs prices are a little high ,,

g

Grime likes this.
  10. leo

leo JDBA OFFICIAL Member JDBA Official Member

I also vote Spyderco PM2. Great knife and a great price point.

I picked one up a few weeks back and it's becoming my favorite EDC by far.

QMAXIMUS and Grime like this.
  11. wes

Yep, back into this after a few years off. Looks a great knife. Love my Military but just too big to EDC in the city. Might be time to look for a good used PM2 I suppose as I am keen to pick up a PM2 now.

QMAXIMUS and Grime like this.
  12. QMAXIMUS

QMAXIMUS Little Member

I just ordered a PM2 flytanium black blade from bladehq. I cant wait! $220 is allot of money but fuck it lol... who needs to eat and pay bills when you can buy cool knives.

13. wes

Oopps, bad use of short forms on my part. I am considering a Paramilitary 2 by Spyderco. No can buy, possess, look at, covet, or otherwise think about flippy type knives unless I am in the safety of my own home. I am sure it is keeping someone safe.

14. Pilot

Pilot Huge member

$300 is a good budget. There are tons of knives from ZT, Kershaw, Benchmade, Spyderco, and others that would fit that bill. Maybe a few more parameters, like blade length, material, etc.

In my rotation currently are a ZT 0562, BM 940-2, Viper Ten, and a Kershaw Injection 3.5 which cost me $14 new. Any would serve you well.

Grime and desmodus like this.
  15. Aidansdaddy17

Aidansdaddy17 Huge member

Para3

leo likes this.
  16. adnj

adnj Huge member

You have to get a feel for what kind of lock, steel and handle material you want. And what size. I prefer larger blades with G10. For under $300, why not try three or four new EDC knives. The Spydie Para 2, BM large Griptillian, Boker Urban Trapper, Kershaw Emerson 11k.

At around 4 inches, I carry the ZT0200, ZT0452, Spyderco Military, Boker Uolcos and the Spyderco Resilience. Those are all in the $50 to $200+ range.

I also have a Lansky Willumsen X9. That is an underrated knife and only about $30.

17. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

Spyderco delica. Not only is it one of the best edc knives you can own for $50 I think it is one of the best edc knives at any price point. If they cost $250 I wouldn't like it and it would make no sense, but I would still buy it. lol

desmodus likes this.
  18. BennytheBlade

BennytheBlade You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves. JDBA Official Member Super Moderator Brigade Member

19. Dustygmt

Dustygmt Tiger Snot Expert JDBA Official Member

My buddy really liked the ZT 0452, I hated it. It may have just been a shitty lemon, one of a few problems was it took like 74 pounds of pressure to fire the knife. I got really excited to get one when they were coming out and thought it would be really cool but as soon as I got it in my hand I noped the fuck out. Jmo

20. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Tiny Member

Man, is under 300 the affordable range now? Haha, plenty of options there.

Spyderco- Sage 5, Shaman, Manix 2, Para 2/3.

Benchmade- 940, the 20CV Griptillian, Mini Crooker River, Grizzly Ridge, hell you can find a Monolock for under 300 with a bit of patience.

Other- Protech TR3, Microtech LUDT, North Arm Skaha, and Ultratechs if you want some OTF action.

Might as well just save up an extra hundred and grab a Sebenza.