1. **ATTENTION ALL DEVILS** If you are still having trouble logging in (Resetting your password should do "the trick") OR if you are not technically capable of doing this; use the "Contact Us" form utilizing your current, valid email address. If your email address is 'lost' to you, simply providing some account details will get us on the correct path together. THERE IS NO NEED TO CREATE SECONDARY ACCOUNTS, STOP BEING SO LAZY! YOU WILL BE BANNED! (Yelling/impolite voice implied there for *maximum effect*)
    Dismiss Notice

7-1/2" Aikuchi in W2

Matthew Gregory Mar 11, 2018

1. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Just finishing this one up, and thought I'd share. The 7-1/2" long blade is .275" thick W2 steel, with some freaky hamon, and a polished fuller. Both the spine and the squidgey bit below the ricasso are beveled, and the 'guard', if such a small thing could be called such, is black G10. The handle is a wasp-waisted frame handle of G10, pinned and epoxied in place,then covered in black rayskin and wrapped, with a sterling silver menuki. Point of balance is just behind the 'guard'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I've never had any luck in capturing hamon with a camera, here's a crummy video I took with my phone in the shop, as there's not enough sunlight up here in the Snow Belt:

Thanks for looking!

2. B Dolim

B Dolim knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Looks awesome...I really like it!

Matthew Gregory likes this.
  3. Rio

Rio Como un angel JDBA Official Member Knife Maker or Craftsman Brigade Member

:peace:Very nice

4. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory knifemaker Knife Maker or Craftsman

Thank you!

5. Winter

Winter Rampaging Sausage Knife Maker or Craftsman

Damn, that's nice.

6. begreen61

begreen61 Deadicated JDBA Official Member Brigade Member

amazing