Thread: new rimfire rifle

new rimfire rifle

I couldn't resist the siren sound of another .22 rifle; a Remington Model 550-1. Remington made the 550 and 550-1 1941; the -1 started in 1946 and ran until 1970. Approximately 750,000+ were made. My gun pimp wanted $175 and we settled on $125 plus tax; $132.50 out the door...it has a 24" barrel and according to the date codes, P YY the gun was made in June 1952, one month before me!

Some of us has decided to add your name to the list of never sell to; we suggest you step back from your keyboard and take a 1-2 year break fro the internet.

Sickness Embodied Pathos Incarnate's Avatar
    Safety's off, and she's ready to fire!

I love these classic .22s, reminds me of the olden days of yore when men were men, women were women, and rifles shot straighter than you could.

good deal i have 2,it was made to function with 22 shorts also,it was the only gun made to function with shorts,you are missing the shell deflecter gun parts has them they are not to bad hurry before they run out,i see the screw is there it was pretty high more than the deflecter..........
    <--------<<< DO NOT TRUST YOUR LIFE TO A POS >>>-------->

cant beat the old .22. by far my favorite cal.
    of all the things i have lost, i miss my mind the most...

Punisher - in addition to the missing deflector it is also missing a screw and lockwasher for the receiver plug. I also bought a new buttplate as there are several cracks. It needs a good bath too - the gun doesn't look like it was ever cleaned; the grime is caked on...
    Some of us has decided to add your name to the list of never sell to; we suggest you step back from your keyboard and take a 1-2 year break fro the internet.

Yeah, I like this older semi-auto rimfire. Does it have the feature with the trigger is let go before the action returns to fire the next round?
    ===================================

I don't have any idea at all...

Quote Originally Posted by culpeper View Post
    Yeah, I like this older semi-auto rimfire. Does it have the feature with the trigger is let go before the action returns to fire the next round?
    When I took it apart to clean it (powder and oil caked on) several parts are missing - there is a piece that holds the receiver plug from loosening; the screw and lock washer to hold it in place is missing. I should have the new parts here on Tuesday. I also bought a new buttplate and shell deflector. Before I shoot it I will scrub it down again...

Thats a beautiful looking rifle mate, I love the older style rifles. Nice clean lines & the wood has a really nice grain to it.

always makes me jealous when I see stuff like this, we cant easily own a simple rifle like this one in Australia & it really does suck! They are alot of fun to shoot.

Great gun!

New Jersey's *other* Bruce Bruce's Avatar
    The Democratic Peoples Republic of New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Acero View Post
    always makes me jealous when I see stuff like this, we cant easily own a simple rifle like this one in Australia & it really does suck!
    For as much as I complain about the shitty state of New Jersey, we have it 50 times better here than what your nanny government allows.
    FOX NEWS

The only news network that tells THE TRUTH!

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Acero View Post
    Thats a beautiful looking rifle mate, I love the older style rifles. Nice clean lines & the wood has a really nice grain to it.

always makes me jealous when I see stuff like this, we cant easily own a simple rifle like this one in Australia & it really does suck! They are alot of fun to shoot.

Great gun!
    I hope we never let our government take that much control in our lives. The biggest embarrassment for the English (I know Acero you're down under but this applies) is they can no longer hunt with a bow and arrow - because they claim its too inhumane...and is it true - you can't own swords in Oz because of several well publicized sword attacks?

Thread Information