Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Designing Sketches

Images

Designing Sketches

Hey, if any of you want me design to design a knife you have sketched, I can design it for you in a 3d program (Autodesk Inventor). I'm just doing this for the fun. Your design must be realistic. Nothing like the blade curved so far that it can't close (The attached design breaks this rule - I'm a hypocrite ), stuff like that. Don't expect for it to be done at light speed, after all, I'm doing it for free. If you are interested, just post or send a pm. I'll attach some pics of a blade I spent roughly 30 minutes on, but nothing impressive. That design was done with some random dimensions and is fairly disproportionate. To put it simply, that was just a doodle. I would improve on it but it would be more hassle doing so than just making a new one, so I decided that new one would be a request from one of you Again, post on this thread or pm me if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CCWR; 01-26-2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Another Mistype.

Good to know. I dabble with a similar program. I'll shoot a pm to get started and see where it goes.

Sweet offer!!! Will definitely keep you in mind!!

Godzilla Size Member AnthonyTheAbyss's Avatar
    Images
    Put me on your list. Give me a few days notice when my name comes up and I'll get a drawing together.

***very cool

Images

Designing Sketches

Alright, I'm doing a blade for senseicharles right now and it should be done by Friday. After I'm done I'll post pictures. I'll only post pictures if you tell me it is okay or if the knife is my design. The most I can say about the current project is that it will be a upswept bowie and I may post update pictures throughout the week. Also, AnthonyTheAbyss, you will have the next request, you were the next in line to offer a request.

Images

Designing sketches

Let me know if you guys like it.

i like the shape alot, well done
    Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them. JDBA #58

YouTube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChA...view_as=public

Godzilla Size Member AnthonyTheAbyss's Avatar
    Images
    Tang area is too small. Not proportionally appealing to the blade size.

***nice blade though

Images

Designing Sketches

I agree AnthonyTheAbyss, this seems to fit the bill though:

Let me know if it need more adjusting. If any of you guys have any comments on my work, they will only make my work better, so just let me know.

Showing my ignorance here----so how does one get the profile on the bar of steel so it can be ground to shape?
    JDBA #440

Images

Designing Sketches

Quote Originally Posted by metlman View Post
    Showing my ignorance here----so how does one get the profile on the bar of steel so it can be ground to shape?
    Well you can use a loft and set it to cut a triangle and use the "profile" as a path. Inventor did not want to cooperate so I just sweeped the triangle cut and used the edge of the blade as the path then mirrored the sweep onto the other side of the blade to get the ground. I definitely didn't use ground properly there, but whatever, not worth the hassle, you know, that thinking thing. Either way, I'll attach a picture of what I've done, hope I've helped. The only problem I've had with doing a path is that if you use a path that isn't the edge, it edits the top height of the ground and leaves incomplete parts of the cut.

Last edited by CCWR; 01-26-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: mistype

Images

Designing Sketches

Could anyone supply a picture of the Alpha Beast tang with the handles and pivot pins removed? I like the design of the alpha beast and plan on buying one as soon as my gun sells. I've heard the tach 2 is better balanced and whatnot, but the only design available is the tanto which I do not want. Either way, the tang on my knife is starting to look like an ox head... The main tang I can find pictures of on the internet is the 4x series, and considering how much I hate BM, that will not happen on a serious build. The only reason I used the 4x tang on that one doodle was because it was easy to reference. So if anyone could provide a picture of the Alpha Beast tang it would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by CCWR; 01-27-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWR View Post
    I've heard the tach 2 is better balanced and whatnot
    not true!
    Rhymes with "Atari"
    naked chicks

JDBA: π

Images

Designing Sketches

Well here is the updated design with the swedge, pivot pin holes, and tang pin. The swedge was actually a revolved triangular cut rather than a sweep. I personally think the swedge it too drastic, let me know if you think so too. I really do need to do some reconfiguration on the tang though, with all the re-sizing and new arcs it looks plain ugly, so that pic of an Alpha Beast tang would come in handy. Sorry Mpsecare, I'm just a bit ignorant on what i guess you could call stats on different balisongs.
    Here's the pics:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information