Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strider Tad Dauntless

Images
    Ummm..."send it in"?
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus," or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice.

Images

ok so here is a mini review...

I got my # 064 today.

Parker - if you call me, I will bring it with me while in Chicago I will even buy you a beer, or two ..... might even let you hold it if you promise not to waive it around the bar.

mini review:

First off - It is a big knife, longer than an SMF but smaller than a SnG XL. Thinner profile than an SMF and more like a CRK Umnumzaan in terms of its handle size (Length the same, width the same and depth the same if you get my drift). Thin like a Concealed Carry SMF or SnG. Contoured G 10 but the Ti side is not so curved like a CC version but is still got a bit of a curve to it. Blade is bad ass, long like 4" approx cutting edge. No matter how you hold it, it is very comfortable in the hand. Some have made mention of the 'different' choil and finger cut out not being normal. Trust me, no matter how you hold it, it is a very comfortable carry. I have very mixed feelings about this puppy. I like it a lot and am leaning towards using it. Even at $600. That would mean I really do not need my user SMF that I have used for about four years.

Now for all you anti Strider anti Fan Boys or whatever you call yourselves:

Opens a bit stiff, but it seems that if I open/close it a fair bit and possibly add a drop of Rem Oil it will be as slick as a 20 year old whore. To be advised.

Lock up is a distinct "snap" and of course the fucking thing is centered, not even close to rubbing on either side of the G10 or the Ti. Not that it fucking matters one bit but I thought I would let you anal retentive twats know mine is centred.

Since I have just received it and have only admired it and taken one crappy pic; I do not know what the hell it cuts like. Night in the hotel room is young though...

Here is a pic from my mobile in my hotel room tonight.

Introduce yourself to the Jerzee Devil here:Testing the Waters (new member introductions)
    Testing the Waters (new member introductions)

Gettin' paid to draw knife pictures!! Really!!!
    RNST - Nice min review! And here I thought you weren't going to get one! I think it's even better that you had it delivered to your hotel! Hope you enjoy it man!
    "I'm your Huckleberry."

"Sewer rat may taste like pumkin' pie, but I won't eat the filthy mother*%&$#@!!"

"Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security" ~ Ben Franklin

Cool that you got one. I still can't get past the choil, but will have to hold one.

Thanks for posting.

Oh yeah, pay attention to his phone pic.
    I'm going to guess that all of your failures prior to the "revolution" will pale in comparison to how hard your life will be afterward. You will not rise to the occasion. If you can't succeed in a structured, ordered society, you will continue to fail miserably when winning friends and influencing people becomes vitally important.

It can return at any time.

Taking my BOOMSTICK to the orcs of Mordor! (Toledo Ohio)
    Images
    Cool stuff man! I really like the blade shape on that one.... Now go cut up a bran muffin with it at breakfast.....
    Occupy Rivendell!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lezard View Post
    Cool stuff man! I really like the blade shape on that one.... Now go cut up a bran muffin with it at breakfast.....
    Be careful. You might void the guarantee with that type of abuse

thanks for the review RNST !!!
    there's one thing, what do you think about the clip? it look's a bit "misplaced" to me on that knife - could you take a pic of the knife clipped to you pocket? i guess form follows function there

greetings,
    olli
    Greetings,
    Olli

"But we all live with the scars we choose They might hurt like hell, but they all make us stronger" - Take me as I am - Jennifer Nettles
    "Combat knives for everyone, just in case." ~ Sam to Michael and Fi on Burn Notice
    "It's not even Cuban, Howard! It's Honduran!" ~ Mike Toro to Howard Saint on "The Punisher"

Beelzebub's Leathersmith leatherman's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Minton
    $575 on a Strider??? No frikkin way!!! I'd rather get a Chris Reeve than buy a knife that will develop blade play in a week.

There's statements, and theres just plain silly statements.

Speaking of silly, that sig..........
    www.armoralleather.com

LeatherBuzzard, waiting for it to die

The Songs of the Dead are the Lamentations of the Living.

Smile

CONGRATS on scoring one of those!!!!
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Nice score and thanks for the pic. Let us know how it's working out for you.

Congrats, and nice mini-review!

Was always partial to the Tad Dauntless / Vallotton auto...and still am. Sadly,I don't own one.

Dauntless D/A
    by Thomas Vallotton

The Dauntless is an excellent D/A with a bolster release. Notched thumbrest. Nicely contoured handle with deep finger grooves. Smooth manual action and powerful automatic action.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Images
    I carried my Strider Dauntless all day and I will report it ROCKS! Very comfortable in the hand. Excellent early lock up on mine. Very light for such a big knife. An elegant folder from Strider.
    While he plundered far and wide
    All his starving children cried
    And though we sung his fame
    We all went hungry just the same

Steely Dan

sitting on Palatine Hill Ian Minton's Avatar
    Images
    Let us know when it starts to develop blade play
    "Love is all you need."

~The Beatles

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Minton View Post
    Let us know when it starts to develop blade play

You guys love to bash Strider.

I feel you can run your mouth and bash Strider when.

1 You can make a full line of fixed and folders.
    2 Run an American business in California and be successfull.
    3 Have large Military contracts and have models with NSN designations.
    4 Back your knives with the best warranty in the business.
    5 Grind a custom better Than Mick or Duane.
    6 Employ Americans on US soil.

I could go on. But I bet you can't do one of these things. Typical hater, you probably never owned a Strider.
    While he plundered far and wide
    All his starving children cried
    And though we sung his fame
    We all went hungry just the same

Steely Dan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information