Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: SHOT show knife...

  1. #1

    SHOT show knife...

    OK, I'm dead tired. This was a collab between me and gunsmith Ned Christiansen for the SHOT show. Overall, it's an African theme. He made a howdah pistol and asked if I could supply him with the knife to go with.

    Damascus blade, 416SS bolsters, pre-ban elephant ivory from the same tusk his grips were made from. Fully carved handle treatment. SUPERB custom leather sheath with an inlay of Nile crocodile by Dave Cole of Florida.

    Sorry for the suck-tacular pics but right now I could care less. It's done!

    Chris








  2. #2
    capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia M.Olexey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,157
    Images
    1496
    A work of functional art my friend!

    That is stellar!

    Love the stippling on the grip.







    mo

    PS More pics when you get rested up

  3. #3
    Thanks Martin. Gotta be my favorite blade shape. Plenty of belly for skinning. Got crazy sharp really fast even before stropping.

    I'm out! Off to badger peeps on your pimp thread! LMAO!

    Chris

  4. #4
    capo of the Texas knifemaking mafia M.Olexey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,157
    Images
    1496
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Daigle View Post
    I'm out! Off to badger peeps on your pimp thread! LMAO!
    I like that.....you gots your priorities straight






    mo

  5. #5
    Sure, sure. Everyone is getting nut to nut on the whore threads. Fine. I worked my ass off this past weekend.

    I see how it is.

    (whore bump to the top).



    Chris

  6. #6
    Zermeno Knives Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,033
    Images
    200
    Nice one.
    2011 Blade Show Table 20D

  7. #7
    Hobbit of Fortune Peter Lezard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Taking my BOOMSTICK to the orcs of Mordor! (Toledo Ohio)
    Posts
    8,888
    Images
    781
    Very nice man!

    I don't suppose you have a pic of the pistol? I have a thing for howdahs....must be all the tigers around here in north west Ohio...
    Occupy Rivendell!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lezard View Post
    Very nice man!

    I don't suppose you have a pic of the pistol? I have a thing for howdahs....must be all the tigers around here in north west Ohio...
    Sure man

    "weighing in with 320-grain CorBon solids doing over 1100 FPS"




    Stay safe from the tigers. And red chicklets. Gotta fucking hate them.
    Chris

  9. #9
    Hobbit of Fortune Peter Lezard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Taking my BOOMSTICK to the orcs of Mordor! (Toledo Ohio)
    Posts
    8,888
    Images
    781
    Ah! Very nice for a modern piece... I bet its a handful...
    Occupy Rivendell!

  10. #10
    Love the knife but that pistol is sweeeeeeet!!!

  11. #11
    Hand of the Box Master fod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    gang aft agley
    Posts
    2,871
    Images
    29
    Wow.

    That will be a sweet setup.

    Interesting work on that knife.



    Your heart's desire is to be told some mystery.
    The mystery is that there is no mystery.



  12. #12
    B-E-A-U-T-FUL!

    The design says USER, the dressing says WORK OF ART!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Daigle View Post
    OK, I'm dead tired. This was a collab between me and gunsmith Ned Christiansen for the SHOT show. Overall, it's an African theme. He made a howdah pistol and asked if I could supply him with the knife to go with.

    Damascus blade, 416SS bolsters, pre-ban elephant ivory from the same tusk his grips were made from. Fully carved handle treatment. SUPERB custom leather sheath with an inlay of Nile crocodile by Dave Cole of Florida.

    Sorry for the suck-tacular pics but right now I could care less. It's done!

    Chris







    great knife and sheath

  14. #14
    Resident Mortician BenDibble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Uptown, Minneapolis, USA
    Posts
    7,607
    Images
    1271
    nice background!

    NJKCA: 36
    JD Forum Knife: 94

  15. #15
    Thing o' beauty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Knife throwing with SOG at SHOT Show
    By Stu Gatz in forum Testing & Reviews (Knives & Gear)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 11:35 PM
  2. 2014 Benchmade 586-1401 SHOT SHOW Knife!
    By KNIFEWORKS in forum The Bizarre Bazaar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
  3. 2014 Benchmade 586-1401 SHOT SHOW Knife!
    By KNIFEWORKS in forum Knifeworks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 01:14 PM
  4. Benchmade 746-1201 2012 Shot Show Knife
    By danlberry in forum Knives For Sale/ For Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 10:25 PM
  5. Benchmade 746-1201 SHOT Show Knife
    By gpknives in forum Grand Prairie Knives
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •