Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20

Thread: Etching damascus this morning...

  1. #16
    on a side note, what's the deal with the double etch? That's a new one on me.

    Are you doing ferric, then a vinegar etch? Why for?
    Les George
    www.georgeknives.com
    Blade show table 19-C

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Les George View Post
    on a side note, what's the deal with the double etch? That's a new one on me.

    Are you doing ferric, then a vinegar etch? Why for?
    Yeah, ferric then the vinegar. I like the rate that the FC eats away for a deep etch, but I'm not much for the black so I handrub the blade again after the FC etch. The vinegar acts slower and gives me the color I like. That's all, nothing too scientific from me, but I'm sure you already knew that!!

    Chris

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Daigle View Post
    Yeah, ferric then the vinegar. I like the rate that the FC eats away for a deep etch, but I'm not much for the black so I handrub the blade again after the FC etch. The vinegar acts slower and gives me the color I like. That's all, nothing too scientific from me, but I'm sure you already knew that!!

    Chris
    Cool...


    Now back to the regularly scheduled ass-clownery... Nice title wiener lover!
    Les George
    www.georgeknives.com
    Blade show table 19-C

  4. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Les George View Post
    Now back to the regularly scheduled ass-clownery... Nice title wiener lover!
    I see I have you to thank for that. Jackass...

  5. #20
    Knife Junkie cornnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    Posts
    2,583
    Images
    5
    Bitchin'!
    cornnutt on Instagram
    Quote Originally Posted by Linos View Post
    ...we are doing something wrong...he stayed calm and did not threw a tantrum.....
    Quote Originally Posted by yingzhaoquan View Post
    sweet blade. bet it cuts like a wild monkey wielding a razor blade
    DFFD DMMCU ...R.I.P...DaBird...SUGARSKUll...infobound1..."In order to appreciate the light, One must spend time in darkness"-Prozak
    "WAKE UP!, Your Bleeedin'" -Kurger
    1. You might be a badass, but have you ever had your ass whipped by an old guy in a cow suit? Quote Kyakjax
    I'm sotally tober!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. etching damascus...?
    By eleventy in forum The Devil's Workshop
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
  2. Etching machines
    By 50calmike in forum The Devil's Workshop
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
  3. Gold etching
    By pete1958 in forum Devil's Knife Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 06:51 AM
  4. Etch damascus after electro-etching logo?
    By medit8 in forum The Devil's Workshop
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 04:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •