Thread: Koster Nessmuk Sale

Koster Nessmuk Sale

George Sears, best known as Nessmuk, wrote about this knife style in his book Woodcraft, first published in 1920. Since then, this style of knife has been named after him. He talks about a this knife as being "thin in the blade, and handy for skinning, cutting meat or eating with."

Two different Dan Koster Nessmuk are available on the Working Knives web site (www.workingknives.com).

Specs:
    • 9.5 overall
    • 5.25 blade
    • edge quenched
    • scandi grind at 12.5 degrees
    • 3/32" stock
    • 4.25 handle
    • as forged flats
    Both come with a "quick-draw" sheath.

The first has a Curly Maple handle w/brass pins and lanyard tube for $155.

The second has a Natural Canvas handle w/aluminum pins and lanyard tube for $130.

This is the "quick-draw" sheath.

This is a picture of the "quick-draw" sheath with a green canvas Nessmuk.

The knives and sheath are also available separately.

If anyone has one of these and can offer a review, that would be great!

Thanks for looking. Jim

www.workingknives.com -
    Sharp, regular use knives from David Farmer, Eddie White, Pat Randall, Busse and Koster Knives.

Got any left? How about any bushcraft knives?

Quote Originally Posted by mbhanzo View Post
    Got any left? How about any bushcraft knives?
    I do have some left. Take a look at the web site.

I have some K5 Kardas and some Bushcrafts on the way. The Kardas are on the way to get sheaths and the Bushcrafts have just come out of heat treat.

www.workingknives.com -
    Sharp, regular use knives from David Farmer, Eddie White, Pat Randall, Busse and Koster Knives.

If you say you want one of these here in this thread, I'll pull one off of the site for you. I'll accept PayPal or USPS Money Order. Shipping is $7 regardless of how much you order.

Jim

www.workingknives.com -

Thanks for the reply buddy!!! How about the Koster Bushcraft knife? I have one in 3v and love it.. I really need another!! Ok.. I may not need another but I really do want another!! lolol

Thanks for the reply buddy!!! How about the Koster Bushcraft knife? I have one in 3v and love it.. I really need another!! Ok.. I may not need another but I really do want another!! lolol
    I have a number of CPM 3V Bushcrafts in Cocobolo coming up on the site shortly. They will be priced at $190 with a JRE Bushcraft sheath (tan with firesteel loop). More sheath options will be available shortly.

If you indicate that you want a Bushcraft here, I'll hold one for you.

Jim

www.workingknives.com -

Thanks again and sorry for my slow replies.. Are there any other handle options available? Can I purchase it without the sheath? Sorry for so many questions.. What I'm really after is a couple in red linen or orange g10 in 3V...

Thanks again and sorry for my slow replies.. Are there any other handle options available? Can I purchase it without the sheath? Sorry for so many questions.. What I'm really after is a couple in red linen or orange g10 in 3V...
    I would consider selling a Bushcraft w/o the sheath. All I have available are the Cocobolo in 3V (a Working Knives exclusive). The Bushcraft without the sheath will be $155.

That said, the JRE Bushcraft sheath is THE sheath for this knife.

www.workingknives.com -

Jim,

Like already discussed in the email (Eddie White's model IX for Belgium)..

Just give me a notice when the bushcrafters are arrived.
    I'm interrested in one.

Images

Thumbs up

to THE forums, Tracer...glad you made it!

→ ♠ Click HERE to purchase your JD Challenge Coins!! ♠←

If looks could kill, then "Death" would be my name.... I exist only to protect JD. That is the sole purpose for which I was born. And every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people.

Any poor souls who trespass against us, whether it be beast or man, will suffer the bite or be stung dead on sight by those who inhabit this land. For theirs is the power and this is the kingdom as sure as the sun does burn. So enter this path, but heed these four words; you shall never return...

For the night is dark,...And full of terrors.
    Temet Nosce The World SHUDDERS before this ATOMIC MANIAC!

Quote Originally Posted by ratstuph
    We only destroy dreams here, not "restore" them.
    welcome to da JD,
    rats...
    ⱤᵒᵑȽ

Thank you, didn't find much sleep since i registered here.

Try to catch up with the reading, wife's asking me all the time what i'm doing, why i don't get to sleep and why i need so much coffee

I was just checking to see when the Bushcrafts where going to be available. I want one with the sheath. Let me know.

Thanks Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JTC3495 View Post
    I was just checking to see when the Bushcrafts where going to be available. I want one with the sheath. Let me know.

Thanks Jason
    Hey Jason,

I should have some Bushcraft/sheath options up on the site tonight or tomorrow. I don't have the full selection of sheaths yet, so if you want sheath options other than the standard (carabiner, dangler, left handed). Those are on order from JRE.

Jim

www.workingknives.com -

Let us know when those Bushcrafts are up, I am in for sure on one.

Thread Information