Thread: Porter cable tools = shit??

Porter cable tools = shit??

Bought a new 16guage pneumatic finish nailer to do some trim and molding work. Tool arrives (from amazon) on Tuesday. I use it all day Tuesday...Wednesday..Thursday it decides it had enough and shit the bed. What. The. Fuck. I took it apart and the main seal for the drive pin self destructed. In less than 3 days?!?!?! really?

This morning I brought it for warranty service to some local place but I won't have it back for a couple weeks. So today I sprung for a little more coin and bought a Bostitch 15guage nailer only because I need to get the rest of this work done by the end of the weekend

I needed to vent. Thanks Porter Cable

I know how you feel...my washing machine that I bought new in 1985 needs to be replaced....the trans is shot....I repaired it probably 8 or 9 times over the years, but there`s no more parts available for it, so I`m fucked. Been reading the online repair forums, and all the veteran repair guys agree that most new machines are pure shit, and not worth the cardboard box they`re packed in....

The guts of the new machines are largely plastic (from China, of course), and they all seem to break down shortly after the warranty expires.

So, after considerable research, I`m getting a Speed Queen (most often seen in laundromats), just a basic 2-speed machine, with all-stainless steel innards, and no touch-screen controls, just simple mechanical dials like they made them 30 years ago....
    "When every second counts, government help is only weeks away"

*Please support the Wounded Warrior Project*

When faced with choosing between two evils, always go with the one you`ve never tried before....

high caliber consecrator tubtar's Avatar
    Images
    I have had great luck with Milwaukee and Mikita......but my stuff is old enough to have been made in the USA or Japan. My mikita die grinder is around 17 years old and has God knows how many hours on it......some run through a rheostat to control the speed , which really heats them up. Works like new.
    My Milwaukee grinders and drill are about ready for new cords , they are in the same age bracket. Sawzall.......same way , but this one has less hours on it and rarely leaves the case.
    Power tools are shit today. And appliances are about the same.

JDSSA # 257133023

All my Porter Cable nailers are at least 10 years old and are solid. My old Dewalt driver and drill were great until a couple years ago. I went through three each in less than a year. Makita is my go to drill and driver. Three years now with only replacing the batteries.

Hilti for roto hammers and Metabo for angle grinders.

Of course, there is a guy with all my brands on his shit list.
    I'm going to guess that all of your failures prior to the "revolution" will pale in comparison to how hard your life will be afterward. You will not rise to the occasion. If you can't succeed in a structured, ordered society, you will continue to fail miserably when winning friends and influencing people becomes vitally important.

It can return at any time.

That's when they were made here. My 3 day old porter cable was made in china

I have a Makita drill and driver I wouldn't give up for anything though. Built my entire deck on a single charge using that driver.

Thread Information