Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: starting my bali collecton

starting my bali collecton

I have been a huge Bali enthusiast until the past year but I had lightly flipped them and bought a few cheepos before. I don't know how I would say my flipping is, I'm definitely don't consider a truly advandced flipper but I can do just about everything pritty smoothly. I have begun to lay down that green stuff lately and invest in some nice knives. It's small but its a start... I currently have a Bradley kimura(clip point), benchmades model 41mc, 42, 51, and 67, MTach II, an exhiled cutlery TR, which imo isn't a bad investment for a solid trainer, and I'm on the p/o List for an alpha beast. And that's about hopefully it will continue to grow and any suggestions for good flips under or around $500 would be great. And here's the complete Greenhorn JD questions haha, does JDBA have compititions, and what's with the numbered members?

Images
    The "enter" key is on the right.
    WANTED: Mayo, Marlowe, Onion folders

protip: exiled = bad

anyway welcome.
    Rhymes with "Atari"
    naked chicks

You can do "everything" smoothly....you need to do vid pronto! Done any tutorials? On YouTube? That's a bold statement, not doubting you just want to see... We like watching good flipping
    JDBA#1979

yeah for sure i just posted a vid i made, not very good in my opinion, but everyone always criticises themselves, so some feedback would be nice check it out and let me know , and as for the exhiled = bad i fully agree i just grabbed the trainer because like i said its not bad as a trainer a little on the heavy side but for using it to simply learn new tricks (just arials mostly) its not a bad investment for new and even intermediate flippers.

Not bad, don't wear out the slo mo next time though...but not bad
    JDBA#1979

The 12 step programs won't work you're fucked now.

Welcome to the addiction.

yeah i did make it a bit long but like i said its my first vid and i dont have the best camera so reg speed doesnt look as clear as i would like but hopefully ill get some more vids up in the near future. i tried to include most of what i can do, i really enjoy doing an arial-scissor-chaplin combo im still learning trying to do a little lefty flipping here and there but not quite that talented yet i can transfer back and forth with arials but thats about it, my lefty flipping is still very limited to very basic maneuvers but getting there slowly. Either way im definitely addicted for life

oh and forgot to add the only camera i have to make videos is my phone hahaha so limited as far as quality and no editing feature, but lucky my phone has a descent camera

i know you've all seen these a thousand times before but i figured id post my small collection anyways and yes i did cut the handles of my trainer, it reeduced the weight down to 4.8oz i forgot to weigh it before i cut it (fail) but i think it flips alot better with the extra weight gone and the balance it a lot better, and i also put some better screws into the pivots. the handles dont look pretty but its not made to be pretty its made to not cut me hahaha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's no ordinary rabbit! Mystik's Avatar
    Pretty good collection to start with!

And no, not all of us are tired of looking at pictures of collections. In fact, I absolutely love it when people show off their blades. Even better if it's in video form.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by laughingbuddha View Post
    Its a fucking BUNNY dude!.... A WIDDLE FWUFFY BUNNY WABBIT how can anyone be offended by anything Mystik says???

yeah agreed and im hoping the AB is worth the money, i know everyone says its worth every penny but don't judge me yet for saying this but i dont see why its any better than the Tach II at this moment. but i guess it really just comes down to personal pereference and budget in the end. and im not bad repping the all mighty Alpha Beast im still getting one to add to the collection and flip it till it disintegrates

JDBA #67
    on the lookout for:
    Bm 47
    Tach 2 Bowie plain ddge

Quote Originally Posted by rcflips View Post
    yeah agreed and im hoping the AB is worth the money, i know everyone says its worth every penny but don't judge me yet for saying this but i dont see why its any better than the Tach II at this moment. but i guess it really just comes down to personal pereference and budget in the end. and im not bad repping the all mighty Alpha Beast im still getting one to add to the collection and flip it till it disintegrates
    The AB is worth it depending on your intended purpose and your taste...I don't have a desire for any other "flipper" other than the Replicant and it will be made by the same company, they won me over to their brand by making what I was looking for in a flipper...that's not to say I wouldn't have others and I do, but for other purposes (mainly to stare at with big goofy slobbery grin)...some don't like flipping the AB as other knives but more do, so odds are high if you are a flipper you will love it...if you don't your a weirdo like the others Nice collection so far though
    JDBA#1979

Quote Originally Posted by jjhamilton View Post
    Nice collection so far though
    Thanks, much appreciated. And yes, my intentions are definitely flipping, and i have seen someone else post somthing about a "replicant" is that a bali. for a select few? I have yet to see one, or much about it.

JDBA #67
    on the lookout for:
    Bm 47
    Tach 2 Bowie plain ddge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information