Thread: Show Your Oldest Knife

Beelzebub's Leathersmith leatherman's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papercut View Post
    Very, very cool!!
    Thank you!
    www.armoralleather.com

LeatherBuzzard, waiting for it to die

The Songs of the Dead are the Lamentations of the Living.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EOD13 View Post
    It's your turn to get some old blades up now!
    Here's a few for ya.

This is a knife that I lucked out and found when I bought a 'lott' of knives at a junk auction. It's made just like the FIRST knife my pops gave me as a kid, which is still at his house in 'our' collection. I have a few more oldies from there that I intend to post in the future

This is a handmade deal that I picked up the same night as the previous knife. It was NOT included in the 'lott' though. It seems to be a blade epoxy'd into some type of bone handle?

This one is similar to the one Clydetz posted earlier. It's some type of stag handle with ''Original Jim Bowie'' or some jazz like that on the blade. The blade looks like forever more hell! but it's a solid knife and WAS able to cut my hand while taking the pics (no war wounds though sorry)

This is a little Chrome Pocket Knife, I have NO other information on it, tell me if u know anything about it?

This is an old 'fish knife' that was in my wife's grandmother's boyfriend's collection. I asked him about buying it and he gave it to me. Another one that I don't know a whole lot about.

This is a little flowerdy knife... I dunno a THING about it, no idea where it came from or anything, but it's old, so it's mine!

This is a fixed blade that came in that same 'lott' of knives I bought. Dunno anything about it either.
    KMNREMTP

In vino veritas.

Will consider purchasing Ben Cardoso or Nathan Dewey balisongs... pm me with a description/price if you might sell.

Damn, I love this forum!

Momma said I'd go blind OnceBitten's Avatar
    Images

Pumage

Left to Right:

Puma 255 - 1981 Production
    Puma 260 - 1981 Production
    Puma 725 - 1982 Production
    Puma 745 - 1982 Production

Bottom: Puma White Hunter 1985(?) Production

I had quite a few other quality knives before buying these in the early to mid 80s. Unfortunately, they were all either lost, stolen, broken or traded.
    RIP Jerry "DaBird" Lameka 1957-2012. Rest peacefully, buddy. We'll never forget you.
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............................................

READ THE RULES
    . We don't ask for much. Respect the Forum and its Members. Okay.....not all of them

Images
    Those are in very good shape! 30 yrs old. seems crazy that the 80's were 30 years ago!
    KMNREMTP

In vino veritas.

Will consider purchasing Ben Cardoso or Nathan Dewey balisongs... pm me with a description/price if you might sell.

Damn, I love this forum!

2nd from left is a 1971 Randal Smithsonian, and the 4th from the left is a 1959 Western Bowie.

I have an old 30s Marble somewhere and a 1917 Patton Sabre along with a Plumb Bolo and a 1917 marked "nurses" knife/spoon folder.Bayonets clear back to 1889 too.
    Brang me two 1911s,
    I want one for each hand,
    We'll set sail with Colonel Cooper,
    Though we never leave dry land,
    All the goblins, I've forgot 'em,
    I buried them in the sand
    So give me two 1911s,
    One for each hand.

Think this is the oldest in the house atm.

Weske Knife, made between 1946 and 1952 in Sandusky Ohio

Old hunter/skinner.

Images
    The 1917 Patton Sabre needs to be included in this thread! WOW that's gotta be an awesome piece.
    The bayonets need to be included too. The more rust, the better.
    That skinner looks like the blade has been 'regrinded', probably ruined the value to some, but REALLY increases the character.
    KMNREMTP

In vino veritas.

Damn, I love this forum!

Jay to the Dee, Y'All! nostimos's Avatar
    Images

I'll Play

Not sure if you mean just the age of the knife, or the knife we've possessed the longest. So I'll do both.

I believe this is oldest blade I have.
    Imperial R.I. Scout knife. Fake jigged bone plastic. Not sure of actual date, late 60's to early 70's?

I have a Gerber Folding Hunter with plastic handles that might be older, don't know the dates on those, could be late 70's.

I WISH I still had MY scout knife from Cub Scouts.
    Unfortunately, nothings really survived from my youth. Either lost, taken, sold by my mom at a garage sale, etc.
    Had a SWEET Gerber BMF. Bought it in early H.S. around '85.
    Destroyed by some idiot "friends" at a church youth group camping trip. Used it for batoning WITH A HAMMER! Chipped all the saw teeth and managed to bend the tip too. My fault for lending it out I guess.
    Kept it till '96 when I got into serious collecting. Got $50 store credit for it.

THIS is the blade I've had the longest that's still in my possession.
    Spyderco Standard (pre Delica). First quality one hand opener.

Bought it along with my first handgun a couple of weeks after I turned 21.
    Last edited by nostimos; 05-20-2012 at 06:30 AM.

high priestess of the small and foldy grace's Avatar
    Here are some of my old ones.

some are rather battered but all predate 1920

I really to do some sorting...

the one on the far right is a chatelaine knife and the next one is a miniature coachman probably 1900ish

I realise that it's not strictly a knife......but it's one of my favourite. Because it's silver I can date it as either 1790 or 1791.

the most amazing thing is that the mother of pearl is perfect and it doesn't have any liners...
    Last edited by grace; 05-20-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    4B - Blade Show

"...smarter than your average brainless slapper."

high priestess of the small and foldy grace's Avatar

Two more.

I forgot this pair...

The hallmarks aren't clear on these but they were made in Sheffield between 1798 and 1812.
    Last edited by grace; 05-20-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    4B - Blade Show

"...smarter than your average brainless slapper."

Images
    that is a sweeeet ass collection right there! Thanks for some awesome examples of blades which would be rusted back into the earth had they not been taken care of!
    KMNREMTP

In vino veritas.

Damn, I love this forum!

From the days when Cold Steel was cool.

-Art

Here is an old fixed blade I picked up many years ago at a military auction. The knife was re-handled by the original owner during the war. The sheath has the owners name carved on it with a date of "1944"

I have to go through more of my blades but this knife was on my bench because I am thinking of putting a nicer handle on it. Thanks.

The old straight razors in the background are from a collection I also purchased from a European auction house a long time ago. They are the only two out of about 25 that were just too beat up to put in my knife case. So they sit on my bench, with their tattered boxes..

Blade
    Last edited by Blademan101; 05-27-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademan101 View Post
    Here is an old fixed blade I picked up many years ago at a military auction. The knife was re-handled by the original owner during the war. The sheath has the owners name carved on it with a date of "1944"

I have to go through more of my blades but this knife was on my bench because I am thinking of putting a nicer handle on it. Thanks.

The old straight razors in the background are from a collection I also purchased from a European auction house a long time ago. They are the only two out of about 25 that were just too beat up to put in my knife case. So they sit on my bench, with their tattered boxes..

Blade
    ThiS! is what i wanna see! AWESOme!. Definitely don't rehandle it! it is awesome as is, imho!
    KMNREMTP

In vino veritas.

Damn, I love this forum!

Images
    This is one I just got the other day. Made by Waterville Cutlery in Connecticut, 4" closed. Not sure of a specific date of manufacture yet but Waterville was in business from 1843-1913 based on what I've read to this point.

~ Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    The rest is somewhere between the hard-use fantasies of the Strider crowd and the blinged-up fever-dreams of CutThroat Knives on an acid binge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information