Thread: Severtech.... To use or not to use.

Severtech.... To use or not to use.

How many of you Severtech owners actually use your knife? I will finally have one as of June 6, and I am torn between putting it up in the collection or using it as they were intended to be used. One thing that bothers me is that I cannot find any real warranty information. Does Aaron still cover them if they get damaged or broken? I have understood that he used to warranty them to the max, even against abuse. If I am going to use it, I am going to use it hard. That is just the way I roll. Will the Severtech withstand the amount of abuse that my Gerber 06 takes? Another thing, would sending it to Brad Southard for a regrind add or subtract from the value? Or maybe that would just depend on the buyer? I don't know.....

What do you guys think? Fucking decisions, decisions.......
    Last edited by jfever311; 05-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life.
    And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another. -Josey Wales

purple or blue, depends on the strength of your grip purpledc's Avatar
    The regrind is definitely going to detract from the collector value. The severtech is probably the most stought hard use auto ever made. Im pretty confident that it will outlast your gerber. The question to use or not to use is entirely up to you. For me personally if its in mint unused condition then I would keep it that way and try to source a user to abuse and or put through a regrind. Its one of those knives that IMHO only will go up in value. Its kinda like the sandshark of side openers.

I have a user and a queen. The user was bought used. I don't carry it much because it's just such a large knife. I can tell you it will take a hell of a beating.

I'd have a damn hard time busting the cherry on a mint one. They're a pretty scarce knife to find.

Were any particular colors harder to get? I have a blue handle and a chocolate brown handle. Would one be easier to sell?
    I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life.
    And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another. -Josey Wales

purple or blue, depends on the strength of your grip purpledc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jfever311 View Post
    Were any particular colors harder to get? I have a blue handle and a chocolate brown handle. Would one be easier to sell?
    considering that most were black I think anyone would jump on either color. Its a severtech. I think either would sell in less than a day if not priced into the stratosphere.

Guess I don't have to tell you what I would do....

I cut another paint can in half. Just for something to do....

Again, one tough ass knife!!

Was it a five gallon metal bucket?

Thread Information