Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff/Cutlerylover talking about the FU42

He is either protecting the reputation of the fu42 and it's "maker" or he just doesn't want everyone shitting up his vid... Or he is trying to hide the fact that he reviewed a huge piece of shit unknowingly and was trying to protect his own rep.

Flips more than he speaks Silent Jay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubbles View Post
    He is either protecting the reputation of the fu42 and it's "maker" or he just doesn't want everyone shitting up his vid... Or he is trying to hide the fact that he reviewed a huge piece of shit unknowingly and was trying to protect his own rep.
    That happened with his alcohol and tobacco reviews though too.

He just made a follow-up video within the next day or two.

With the FU42, he removed all of the comments that were telling people what's up with it, and RSI's comments that showed what a shit stain he really is.
    "i buy balis to destroy them and upload vids of me doing so" -Nardath

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Jay View Post
    That happened with his alcohol and tobacco reviews though too.

He just made a follow-up video within the next day or two.

With the FU42, he removed all of the comments that were telling people what's up with it, and RSI's comments that showed what a shit stain he really is.
    That doesn't look good on him. His hot sauce reviews and such were kind of funny and I can forgive someone for having strange "alternative"hobbies... Think I'm just unsubbing and forgetting about Jeff and his constant tobacco reviews, chocolate reviews, hotsause reviews, and the extremingly seldom knife review...

Well I've got alot of respect for Jeff but I was disappointed that all the comments were deleted. There was no explanation or even a single comment from CL.

RSI exposed himself again as the rotten douche that he is. Anyone that disagrees with him is branded an idiot. He's got no respect for anyone and he thinks he knows EVERYTHING.

All of the comments at least gave the newb bali buyer the chance to get a little more of the whole story. But instead they got censored without explanation.

I was reading this last night and I had a feeling something like this would happen.

So anyway, for reference:

• @cutlerylover Jeff, seriously. A follow up is in order
    gaynfancy 22 minutes ago

Jeff you should make a follow up video on the shitstorm in here.
    RhythmOfTheRain777 26 minutes ago

yoursheaths didnt have logos on them because cut them off. Part of the tag is still on the sheath! The latch is modified from the kimura clone trainer you sell. You simply take the latch and modify it. Get a clue you scammer. Modifying is not the same as making. Very smart move on your part to change your claims of "made in usa" on the packaging and on your website as that right there was a felony. You have made a life of crime and want others to pay for it. You are bottom of the barrel.
    purpledc1 in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 1 hour ago

Benchmade rocks and your Chinese knives can stay where your shit comes from!
    You're just pathetic!
    gaynfancy in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 1 hour ago

JB are you fucking mental? You want to talk about laws and importing? Over 75% of the shit you hock on your websites are illegal imported chinese fucking garbage. You break laws every single day with that shit yet you talk like your above it all. Maybe your actions and dishonesty will land the biggest dumb ass in the knife industry in jail. And your models are imported only they are modified. And no bali can be imported in part or whole. So you make everyone buying your shit an accessory
    purpledc1 in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 1 hour ago

The blade is so bad ass
    Cshawks19 2 hours ago

I like how only the latch is labeled "USA". Convention usually calls for labeling the blade. But I doubt the blade or any other part of the knife is made in the USA. Good job using modified Kimura latches.
    MystikEssence 3 hours ago

Pretty Nice
    maX0229567 3 hours ago

This has been flagged as spam
    The latch concept I own which I gave out to the public so no more bullshit about a latch can ever be said by Benchmade, just a slap in Les's face, he will never be able to live down the FU42 name as an insult ever, which was the goal for a good laugh and there is nothing those idiots can do about it. So you can keep slinging around the nonsense but it does not matter because I still am the one laughing at Les not you. So really I don't care what you think.
    Roadsideimports in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 4 hours ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

Still find *FU* 42 funny.
    guitarheroman202 5 hours ago

I'm disappointed to see a video about this knife coming from you.

jahwarrior72 6 hours ago

RSI isn't screwing benchmade, he's screwing the people who buy his shit.
    MPSecare 6 hours ago

Is that real damascus or is it just an etched on pattern?
    oAROWANAo 7 hours ago

2:22 TWSS.... sorry couldnt resist
    dec2hi 7 hours ago

Seriously cutlerylover you ought to know the history of this knock-off balisong and the owner of the company. the knife is called a F U 42! why would you support someone who would sell an inferior product with such an offensive name.
    well i wasnt offended by the name but obviously the name was not picked out by a professional ethical company. You wouldnt see protech or spyderco releasing a knife called FU-BENCHMADE/Jody Samson.
    He is only using the fame of the bm42 to scam you all.
    MultiLoganM 7 hours ago

Don't disrespect Jody Samson or bring his name into this. Benchmade disgraced that man and gave no respect or honor to him, if Les and his idiot companies meant anything to Jody you'd have seen something posted on his website about it after he pasted away, Les seems to leave people not liking him after business deals, there is nothing about butterfly knives or Pacific Cutlery on Jody's memorial page wonder why genius.
    Roadsideimports in reply to MultiLoganM (Show the comment) 4 hours ago

and that link you gave us is just for the trainers...
    lilmoefow 14 hours ago

17 minute teaser?! Only from Jeff.
    Rich3rd 14 hours ago

I know, lets talk about the Mjöllnir, or the icon of sin, or any of the custom knives that JB has. What trash could you possibly talk about those? They are all a copy of the BM right, because they use steel? Because the handles have holes? Because it has a blade? All balisongs are the same. they have two handles and a blade. Its a question of making the product better with more cost or close with less cost. Wait a few weeks for the review then make your judgment.
    1InfinityShade 15 hours ago

better see some flipping vids soon
    zzTMPx 15 hours ago

LOL ok now i see why its named the "FU42" when you mentioned made by the house brand of assisted knife. the owner aparently hates benchmade.
    zomgz932 15 hours ago

Look at all these butthurt people QQing about this... lolololol.
    heroxlegacy 16 hours ago

It wasnt even a review lol he said that
    60DCB 16 hours ago

Very disappointing review from cuLTerylover!
    CBTheMechanic 16 hours ago 8

These are his first impressions. It's not a review. You didn't read the title, I doubt you watched much of the video either.
    jrmym2 in reply to CBTheMechanic (Show the comment) 15 hours ago 2

and you didn't read his comment... the tube the knife came in said Cultery instead of Cutlery
    lilmoefow in reply to jrmym2 (Show the comment) 14 hours ago

O.o so it dose. Typo's are a bitch lol
    1InfinityShade in reply to lilmoefow (Show the comment) 13 hours ago

It wasn't a review. It was a First impression.
    UnrealPancake in reply to CBTheMechanic (Show the comment) 14 hours ago

In the beginning on the vidya he said it wasn't a review.
    ComradeMirror in reply to CBTheMechanic (Show the comment) 4 hours ago

O.K... show of hands please. Who still wants to buy anything from RSI?..lol
    SuperSourmilk 16 hours ago

@Roadsideimports
    Suck a dick.
    ZZinvisibleZZ 17 hours ago

Very nice american knifes are just the best
    aztecathugs 18 hours ago

sir....."first impressions" dont last 16 mins
    ddrfreak7714 18 hours ago in playlist More videos from cutlerylover

The FU42 knives are just Chinese clones of the Benchmade model 42 with a few cheap mods. You can get the same exact knife with a spring latch for $20.
    oAROWANAo 19 hours ago

no they aren't the clones have the made in china stamped in them
    shawn4201111 in reply to oAROWANAo (Show the comment) 19 hours ago

You're wrong.
    oAROWANAo in reply to shawn4201111 (Show the comment) 7 hours ago

no i have a clone and right under the butterfly it is stamped MADE IN CHINA
    shawn4201111 in reply to oAROWANAo (Show the comment) 25 minutes ago

The VAST majority of BM42 clones are so similar to the actual Benchmades that it can be hard to tell they are fake just by looking. They certainly don't have a "Made In China" stamp. Not to say yours doesn't have a stamp, but if it does then it's not one of the clones being referred to. The FU42 knives are purportedly made of the same Chinese parts as the BM counterfeits, which essentially just makes them modded Chinese knives with a marked up price tag.
    oAROWANAo in reply to shawn4201111 (Show the comment) 10 minutes ago

they only have trainers on the website.
    and whoever runs that shit seems like an asshole.
    BelairUSN 19 hours ago in playlist More videos from cutlerylover 11

would you say that most of the knives on the website are quality?
    LTn3wdle 19 hours ago

i love how it says kick ass
    tonyfasce 19 hours ago

CuLTery????
    TheBlackShadow270 19 hours ago 2

this douche in the comments is going on about how benchmade steals others designs, when in fact he is such a creativity lacking loser that he puts out a chinese made counterfeit clone of the model 42. not only that, but his damascus is, simply put, not damascus, and his steel is probably un-heat treated 440 series at best.
    550ParacordGuy 20 hours ago

kinda looks like the BM42 when its closed
    waitwhatproductions1 22 hours ago

Jeff, I am sorry man, but you seem to have a little more bias toward the company that this came from than I am used to hearing from you. You have very little negatives to what is on this knife and you really skip over the fact that this is a pretty blatant rip off of the BM42. This guy could have made a knife that looked like anything else, but instead chose to copy the 42? This is more than likely a relabeled chinese knockoff. This overview is very dissapointing.
    KyuiSuKim 22 hours ago

Do your homework, the Taylor Seto Manilla had the weehawk design and had the milled handles before Benchmade, before Bali-Song and before Pacific Cutlery, buy you don't know this, the designs were out of Japan way before you were even born. So the BM42 is a design that came based off Japanese models and blatantly is the Manilla design. But sadly when it comes to a company notorious for using other designs the fans turn an eye from this. If anything I reclaimed the Manilla design.
    Roadsideimports in reply to KyuiSuKim (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

Isn't it ironic that your actions are the same as the ones you criticize. You say BM puts out inferior China made crap.... while your the true definition of China made crap. You criticize BM for stealing designs when the only way you can make any money is off the back of BM 42 design. Hypocrite.
    And besides who the hell sells China CCC and says they are USA MADE
    1snowreaper in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 21 hours ago

It is a Taylor Seto Manilla design do your homework on history. They did not own the design of the handle, the latch is completely new and one of a kind which I gave as open sources so other guys can use it rather than bully people. Last I check Denver is in the USA and I am not Chinese either. So when the the CNC parts are done and finishing is done, I put back $100, 000 into my local economy creating jobs for many people. The real question is what did you do? Nothing which is typical.
    Roadsideimports in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

LoL.... CNC done?? Where? At your imaginary factory? $100,000 going back to the economy? You mean into your wallet.
    Bro, its no mystery. You buy your Clones from China then replace the hardware and the latch. The you polish it up and stick your logo on it. Where is the CNC being done? Where are all the employees you speak of going to work everyday. Your a joke.
    1snowreaper in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

I think the BBB would love to hear of your business ventures. What the law in Colorado regarding legally being able to label your products as USA made.
    1snowreaper in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

The BBB ask me all the time to be a member, but I don't want to give a penny to those crooks for their nonsense BS shit so that when cry baby idiots of the world can cause me to have to file paperwork. That is like having a government job. I love rants and good laughs. If I could convince grandpas to love balisongs I'd be in heaven already talking to guys that educate and provide less semantic blockage.
    Roadsideimports in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 17 hours ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

What went into my pocket is none of your business. Balisongs are the product that is worthless to sales and is the crappiest selling item in the knife world because it has a negative connotation and as a result immature community. So no company wants to be bothered making anything. Roton makes an awesome butterfly but guys in the automatic side openers spend more money and appreciate things more than the balisong world so hence less effort is taken towards the balisong.
    Roadsideimports in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 17 hours ago
    • Overall the guys who collect Italian stilettos are the smartest human beings with class and etiquette mainly because they are 65 to 85 year old guys who have more life experience and knowledge and education than any other knife user on the face of the planet. So how about that for sales, balisong guys are the lowest on the pole and the bottom as bottom feeders in all aspects of it. So yeah lets talk about the money because I am not afraid of things, balisongs did nothing for me at all.
    Roadsideimports in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 17 hours ago

Wow....
    If Jeff seriously STILL supports this guy, I've lost ALL respect for him...
    "balisong guys are the lowest on the pole and the bottom as bottom feeders in all aspects of it"
    And you STILL think this is legit?
    SilentJay908 in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 17 hours ago 2

The latch seems similar to an old kimura 1 mod from what I saw in the video.
    MrEd2202 in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

Duh, that is what I said manfromalaska had the basic idea and I developed it further than he did.
    Roadsideimports in reply to MrEd2202 (Show the comment) 18 hours ago

You know, after having some time to think this over I decided I have no ill feelings toward you. I apologize for being harsh earlier. Hey, if you can make a buck in this economy than all the power to you. Its the consumers responsibility to know what they are purchasing. Your not forcing anyone to buy your products. And as long as you provide good service than thats as good as most companys.You have some shitty business ethics but in this day n age what business doesn't.
    1snowreaper in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 16 hours ago

So your telling me that Taylor made the large hole, double dot design? I have done my homework, so I would like to see your proof of this.
    KyuiSuKim in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

The weehawk blade style on the Manilla was first before any Pacific Cutlery model had it, and in that time error they were all being made in Japan, most Manilla models had a sharpened upper but there were models that did not and they are very rare, they even had a stainless model with holes that were milled, the only difference is the smaller holes added later, which is a copy of the idea just a bit different, so compounding it and changing the latch system makes it the same principle.
    Roadsideimports in reply to KyuiSuKim (Show the comment) 18 hours ago

Who developed a milled pattern, I can tell you guys modded their balisongs back in the 80's as well and making patterns that later came out was some guy in his garage who never got the credit and never will be known. Then Pakistan balisongs were in the same era and they had brass milled models with many similar patterns. So compilations of style & culture class I think are the real result. Pakistan has made knives for thousands of years. I might have to give them the credit for the pattern
    Roadsideimports in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 18 hours ago

""some guy in his garage who never got the credit and never will be known""
    I agree, I had a Bali back in the very early 80's that was the same as a 42, that knife was given to me by my brother who had had it for about 10 years, so very early 70's. This is before the Model 42 was even made, as far as I know Benchmade first traded as "Bali-Song" in 1979.
    gambleyourhealth in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 16 hours ago

So you pretty much just said it is not the same as the manila design. You said earlier, it was the same as BM's and that it had always been around. You are making excuses as to why your "US" made balis bear such a strong reseblance to the chinese copies of the 42. If this was really made by you, you would have made some unique design or just anything to distinguish your blade from all others. You didnt. As for the manila weekhawk not being sharpened being "rare", they are not rare, I had several
    KyuiSuKim in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 18 hours ago

No once again you don't listen. The weehawk blade style is the Taylor Manilla by SETO JAPAN SO IN ENGLISH THE DESIGN IS JAPANESE FOR THE BLADE UNLESS YOU CAN SHOW ME A BLADE PRIOR TO THIS HAVING THE DESIGN. Now you want the explanation of the handles with milled style, I would have to give that style to Pakistan, and that will wind up the nutters for sure. SO MILLED STYLE IS PAKISTANI.
    Roadsideimports in reply to KyuiSuKim (Show the comment) 17 hours ago

Now lets move to the spring latch, according to Mr. Roszell, the Spring-latch was Richard Kicklighter's idea until Benchmade wiped that out from under him. So you'll have to do your homework further and find out the story.
    SO WHAT PART OF THE 42 IN DESIGN IS THERES? They legally only own the spring latch however they got this find out. Get all the facts. Modification and evolution to things is how life works. Some people are closer related to chimps more so than others.
    Roadsideimports in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 17 hours ago

He said it wasn't high quality but for the price you can't really beat it.
    Entrycut in reply to KyuiSuKim (Show the comment) 21 hours ago

Did anyone else notice it said exiled cuLTery?
    heavymetalboy1 22 hours ago

So all of your "trust" in jeff after hundreds of knife reviews has been lost because he reviewed a lesser quality knife. Stop being a bitch.
    iiJonathan 23 hours ago

Who says if someone has hundreds of knife reviews he's a trustworthy person? Your grandpa? I lost most if not all my trust in what this guy says after his dedicated KONY 2012 video. Afterall, he's just repeating infos he read somewhere online/offline. I'd rather rely on myself for processing infos. If you think 100% of what this guy says then you are FONY 2012. *fanboy*
    godoflustandenvy in reply to iiJonathan (Show the comment) 19 hours ago

cool

tatanka buffalo 23 hours ago

wow

tatanka buffalo 23 hours ago

You say you don't want to get involved in any politics, but it's hard when a product is the result of one.
    I think it's appropriate to assume no knife nut will ever be jealous of one of these.
    100eyes 1 day ago

@cutlerylover you should compare the FU42 and the BM42. hardware and materials. Along with the size of the handles blade and design of both. Just to lay at rest the questions people keep having and the doubts that is worth the money
    1InfinityShade 1 day ago

They also have these at Knivezilla. I was thinking of buying one but when I ask people about them I am always told bad things about the company. The forum I belong to doesn't seem to have any respect for this company.
    vito445 1 day ago

@cutlerylover when you say you oiled it, What exactly does that mean?
    iplaysthedrums 1 day ago

ive had this knife and after 3 week of flipping, the nickel coating on the handle began to fell off and i really suspect that these handle are made from a soft ss . I dont sell my balisong but the first person who asked me if i was willing to sell it, ive sold to him. At first this balisong really apper to be good to me, but after a while it seem more and more cheap. ( my fault because ive bought this knife even if i had warning about it)
    spezz01 1 day ago 14

did you drop it on a hard surface?
    1InfinityShade in reply to spezz01 (Show the comment) 15 hours ago

the niclek coating get damaged everytime i flipped it. Usually i flip above my bed but dropped it once on a ceramic floor and the tip of the blade took the hit.
    spezz01 in reply to 1InfinityShade (Show the comment) 11 hours ago

is that real damascus?
    550ParacordGuy 1 day ago

Jeff, First off I like your videos, but man do a little research on this company. Take Care.
    Leif242424 1 day ago

Cheap piece of shit, im surprised you would review this counterfeit junk, I honestly doubt your knife knowledge anymore....sad You dont get into the politics ? you just did by flaging this peice of shit as a decent knife for someone to own, whos collection isnt just gas station and frost blades, this isnt in anyway a good bali for the 1st time buyer to buy.
    godse7en 1 day ago

is this real damascus or just damascened?
    savageboy1000 1 day ago

its a mystery steel.
    godse7en in reply to savageboy1000 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I want to see some vintage balisongs
    wildfireman13 1 day ago

Tags: cutlerylover has more knife reviews coming soon lots of new and old blades to talk about
    mahalkobalisongs 1 day ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

very cool. Are you doing the review with your true blood chompers on?
    Ultimatemxcn 1 day ago

Love anything that FUs Benchmade. I'll give them money just for that.
    wishbone1138 1 day ago

The owner of that site is an ass-pipe.
    CrowPollock 1 day ago

you got that right
    swunka11 in reply to CrowPollock (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Agreed. If you read their policies on the site just the wording makes the owner out ot be a total douchebag. I refuse to do business with them anymore after the first couple knives I bought from them. Just the wording in the confirmation email I got made me want to stab the guy with the very knives I was buying from him. He has no respect for his customers or potential customers.
    NormireX in reply to CrowPollock (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Nice of them to name it "F*CK YOU 42".
    nvrmndknasen 1 day ago

The owner of the company is boycotting benchmade
    TheTacticalReviewer in reply to nvrmndknasen (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I figured. What a douche...
    nvrmndknasen in reply to TheTacticalReviewer (Show the comment) 3 hours ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

GG.
    MystikEssence 1 day ago

Jeff (Part 2): I'm also a bit suspicious of a $100 price tag when a "Damascus steel" blade is involved. Aren't you? :o)
    mrmonkeyman50 1 day ago

Carbon damascus is quite a bit cheaper than stainless you typically see on other blades

BajamBM90 in reply to mrmonkeyman50 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Jeff, did you get this knife for free? There's nothing wrong with reviewing a free knife but you are in the big leagues and need to be more transparent. This vid sounds a little like an ad for the manufacturer. Let us know if you paid for a knife, if it was loaned to you for review, or if it was gifted to you by the manufacturer. Thanks! :o)
    mrmonkeyman50 1 day ago 5

You are a jaded piece of shit. The world is not out to get you, it's safe to leave your house you know. Thanks! :o)
    heroxlegacy in reply to mrmonkeyman50 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

DO NOT BUY THIS KNIFE!!!!!!!!!!! there is a thread on bladeforums in the balisong section talking about how the owner of this company is "out to get" benchmade. He is trying to screw benchmade over, do not support this company.
    southerncountryboy8 1 day ago

Ugh I hate this knife
    lumsify 1 day ago

Unless it was machine in china and purchased by exiled.
    In addition , I'd like to add that it was "made" in Colorado where, unless it's changed, balisongs can not be latched in the open position. Tht is why the spyderfly and smallfly's don't latch open. In addition to that, Spyderco got in trouble for importing parts for a balisong from a foreign distributer.
    So, I think this is a very illegal knife beyond the fact that it's a restricted balisong.
    My thoughts
    Palethius 1 day ago

Quality knife??? I would have to disagree. Jeff, you're a cool guy and I love your vids, but I have major issues with this particular knife and knife company.
    This looks VERY similar to the fake BM's being sold from China for like $20... well, more like EXACTLY the same handles. Thinner than a 4x, smaller pivots and latch cups when there is no need for latch cups. Rounded latch cup with a flat latch? Why would you spend money machining superfluous cuts? Unless it was machined in China by t
    Palethius 1 day ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

God*
    heroxlegacy in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Everyone is just upset that they spent $400 on a benchmade when the could have bought a $100 exiled bali
    motleycrue15 1 day ago

I don't think you get it dude. The FU42 is a CCC $20 clone that RSI are selling for $100. THATS what people have a problem with. $20 clones flip like $20 clones... not like a BM42. Seriously man do some research on ALL the knife forums it's ALL there. If Jeff had of taken a look he wouldn't have put out this vid.... but he's been out of the loop with Balisongs for too long to probably know.
    SuperSourmilk in reply to motleycrue15 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Truest comment in this entire thread. +1.
    heroxlegacy in reply to motleycrue15 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Jeff, Did the owner of Exile solicit you and gave this knife to you as a gift?
    If so its your duty to dig a little deeper instead of just blindly endorsing this guy.
    You have a lot of influence here in the knife community. Don't use it for this crap.
    1snowreaper 1 day ago 13

hes reviewing the product its not really his concern who made it he is endorsing the knife not the guy
    rapdog90 in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Have you learned nothing about the kind of person jeff is by watching him? He DOESENT sell out.
    eas26 in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

Its a first impression, youre taking it too seriously.
    Kylef7735 in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

Why jeff.. We ask for balisong vids and you decide to tell us to spend money on a fake :'( we still love you though..
    coklin1336 1 day ago

i unsubbed *jk* but seriously throw that down a hole
    iheartgeckos12 1 day ago

Assisted Knife is a fantastic option for European customers. Great shipping prices and no nonsense. Highly recommended. I completely disagree with the precious types who don't like Jeff showing a $100 clone knife. The FU42 pretends to be nothing other than exactly what it is. Can't wait for the review.
    deceptivepanther 1 day ago

dont listen to the top comment, ive been wanting another balisong for a while and one with Damascus for only $100, im gonna buy one
    tyronky 1 day ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

A lot of passion on this one ...
    bilbobag111 1 day ago

The only reason he isn't bashing on this balisong because he got it for free or on a huge discount to advertise the assistedknife website. Look at how he got access to a unlisted model. I wouldnt be surprised if he emailed him first saying "hey, if you give it to me for free ill give you positive reviews." Look at all the free shit he gets.
    tsaojames 1 day ago 2

I'm tired of dumbasses like you who say he is a sell out and that he is only saying good things because it was sent free God your a fucking idiot he is honest in allhis video you just a moron he does these videos to educate us if he didn't like something he would have stated it but your to ignorant to realize that.
    razorxxx66 in reply to tsaojames (Show the comment) 1 day ago

who the hell pissed in your coffee if you want to just make wild assumptions then im going to assume that you a a stupid no name youtuber who has no life and lives in his moms basement. so i would suggest that you stop hanging out in the stupid section of the comments.
    rapdog90 in reply to tsaojames (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Are you wearing a retainer or something in this vid? you have a big lisp... i havent noticed it in any other vids...
    chefjacobbreddan 1 day ago

Check out his recent channel update vid. He's had dental work done so at present he's missing his upper front four teeth.
    PharmDoc83 in reply to chefjacobbreddan (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Ay jeff, can you tell if it is true damascus, or is it just damascusized etched?
    reaperisgrim 1 day ago

I'd buy it.
    timmit104 1 day ago

NOT USA MADE! ASSEMBLED IN USA WITH CHINESE PARTS
    purpledc1 1 day ago

I was able to secure a prototype of the fu42. I have every reason to believe that they use handles from the chinese counterfeits. Look at your sheath. If you look closely you should see the area where they cut the benchmade tag off the sheath. And the reason you cant see the issues in the handles is because they coated them to cover them. I would be willing to bet that the blade is laser etched and not actual damasus.
    purpledc1 1 day ago 19

i dont think that the blade is laser etched as even after jeff sharpened it you could still see the pattern
    moviemyles100 in reply to purpledc1 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Jeff should know by now in his life what etched steel is and what real Damascus is. 15-N-20 Nickel Based Carbon Steel
    1095 High Carbon Steel
    Number of Layers Are 192 & 384
    Total Layers 576
    So try again, and prototypes are just that experiments with things and ideas until real production models are started out, pretty sad the world wants no competition to Benchmade.
    Roadsideimports in reply to purpledc1 (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

What is funny is Benchmade sued people over balisong being similar BALI-SONG and those who ran with their tails behind them signed over disclosures to never be allowed to make or sell butterfly knives or use the term again. Me see I didn't like that concept so I took it to the US Trademark office and got them to get involved which you still see me around, revenge is a sweet thing. Benchmade taught me about patents and now their patent got beat by me with the new latch so who is laughing now?
    Roadsideimports in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

Go back to the cave you crawled out from. Your a disgrace to every knife nut out there. Your a poor soul who is still butt hurt about BM schooling you. You'll never put out a quality product like BM can. The #62 is worlds above your shitty China glitzed out P.o.s.
    1snowreaper in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 21 hours ago

JB, it has nothing to do with benchmade. It has to do with you. I just recently bought one of your FU42 prototypes. I bought it on faith that you cleaned up your act. Only you guys forgot to remove all of the Benchmade logo tag off the sheath you included with the knife confirming what we all ready knew that your using imported chinese handles and coating them. Even if the blades are real damascus china can get that too. I have no doubt that your simply modding chinese knives at this price
    purpledc1 in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 5 hours ago

Unless you have one of the Chinese clones stfu. I have the Chinese clone its not the same you can tell by the holes and the sheath is no where near the same.
    Entrycut in reply to purpledc1 (Show the comment) 21 hours ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

I do Have the counterfeit you fucking prick. And its identical to the FU42 prototype that I had. The FU42 that came to me even had part of the counterfeit benchmade logo still attached to the sheath. So you can in fact go shut the fuck up. Im surprised you can even type with JB's dick down your throat. What a multi tasker you are.
    purpledc1 in reply to Entrycut (Show the comment) 5 hours ago

I'm pretty sure that most of the people talking trash about this knife are just copying that were posted before theirs.. Apparently a review on this knife was requested many times, I don't know what the damn problem is.
    GMGvanS 1 day ago

Jeff its not made in the states. It is MODIFIED in the states but at heart its a shitty CCC from overseas.
    MrFluKeKe 1 day ago 4

mg42
    fpscanadianz 1 day ago

Looks like the only ones on the website right now are trainers. On a related note, they also have a kimura trainer for $13 (So it's probably shit. lol)
    TheTravisWilloughby 1 day ago

i hope i can buy them from europe
    SXITony 1 day ago

A $100 price-tag on a USA made knife makes me wonder all the more about the quality. Just sayin'...
    buriedintheblack 1 day ago

This has been flagged as spam show
    edwdixon5 1 day ago 3

Seems reasonable for a hundo. I had a balisong in the eighties (or ninties) with a five inch weehawk blade and white micarta inserts. Beautiful thing, but so big that it was kind of hard to carry. Traded it off, and have always wondered if I should have. Oh well.
    SmokeRingsPipeDreams 1 day ago

Shitty 42 clone, rather buy a Kimura by far.
    TakeItEazy3 1 day ago

aww, i know its a clone but england has to be so fucking restricting.
    MrDiamondpickaxe 1 day ago

that doesnt look like real damascus looks like a pattern
    stompySharpNpointy 1 day ago

Do not support this company that rebrands CCC's as "American Made"
    Shame on you Jeff. BAD
    MPSecare 1 day ago

finally someone goes behind all the hate and gives this knife a proper review!
    JohnomenalMagician 1 day ago

ill just watch the review of yours...ill never buy a knife mr BUTTERFLY BALISONG BATANGAS roadside imports...that dude is shady as hell and bad for the community
    darkinertia2 1 day ago

Am I seriously the only one that would rather get one of these than trade my left nut for a bm 42? Jesus Christ I was scared that by the time I went to order one they would be all sold out.
    E1337N3SS 1 day ago

The word "Balisong" is from the Philippines. It was the word that the Islanders there gave the knifes that were traded to them by the french.
    Benchmade are absolute FUCKBAG SCUMRATS who charge WAY too much for their knives just because of name alone. They might "own" the name Bali-Song but they dont own Balisong and you cant trademark a singular descriptive or name word. To trademark the word Balisong would be the same as to trade mark "knife" or "Machete" etc.
    gambleyourhealth 1 day ago

"BALI-SONG" is not the same as "Balisong" dumbass.
    It's a registered trade mark. There is a reason we have "Coca Cola" and "Coke"
    You're a fucking idiot.
    MPSecare in reply to gambleyourhealth (Show the comment) 1 day ago

"Coke" is a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company in the United States since March 27, 1944.
    just saying.
    X3RUBIM in reply to MPSecare (Show the comment) 1 day ago

coke is a drug coca-cola is a drink
    xandar78 in reply to X3RUBIM (Show the comment) 1 day ago

i mean "coke" as a general term for soda used in some areas, as in a person from my area saying "you want a coke" meaning whatever, where as in say the other side of the country "you want a coke" could mean something completely different, ya dig?
    MPSecare in reply to X3RUBIM (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I never said it was the same thing, Dumbass.
    Learn to read.
    gambleyourhealth in reply to MPSecare (Show the comment) 1 day ago

knife looks like a piece of shit. how can you not tell the difference between this and a 42. i can see it through my fucking monitor
    baphomet58 1 day ago

Acid etched Damascus finish, not real Damascus.
    gambleyourhealth 1 day ago

I'm going to be perfectly honest, you ramble in your videos. You really need to sit down and plan these reviews out before hand. Give out the specs, show off details, give some pros and cons, then maybe a demonstration. That's really all you need. I just don't think that I have the attention span for a 17 minute review. Sorry.
    wakawakasplat 1 day ago 5

Balisongs are now illigal to own in the netherlands. You have to bring them to the police, they will discard them. Even if you collect, you have to bring them im.
    new9876 1 day ago

i feel sick reading about this. it is an utter disregard for personal property and it is criminalizing innocent citizens. This is absolutely horrible. Drugs are decriminalized but the most simple hand tools aren't. If there is anything the youtube knife community can do, you ought to make a vid to get some support.
    avidlistener11991 in reply to new9876 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I'd rather get a bradley kimura than this... thing.
    edgajam 1 day ago 15

why

TheTffyd in reply to edgajam (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Because its much better at the same price.
    edgajam in reply to TheTffyd (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Jeff, you are right in that you shouldnt judge the seller, even if he is an ass to most of his customers. That's not the point its the knife. But the fact is its a clone copy from china that they lable USA and put a latch they got from a different bali.
    chrisadmaley 1 day ago

All you people hating on Jeff should stab yourselves in the dicks with your precious 42s.
    heroxlegacy 1 day ago

Jeff, this is a $30 dollar knife, TOPS.
    chrisadmaley 1 day ago

You've been out of the loop for too long Jeff. Encouraging people to spend $100 on a clone is not cool.
    SuperSourmilk 1 day ago 23

i think the bigger problem is roadsideimports and not the fact its a clone...you know that the bm42 is basically what a lot of earlier balisongs looked like right?
    darkinertia2 in reply to SuperSourmilk (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Its not a clone you Morin its a completely different knife than bm 42
    razorxxx66 in reply to SuperSourmilk (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Sure..... oh look a flying pig! Morin..LMAO!
    SuperSourmilk in reply to razorxxx66 (Show the comment) 17 hours ago

for 100$ you get a knife that looks and flips just like the benchmade model 42 but you save 300$ and you can easily get them. so i dont have any idea how you could possibly think that this is a bad deal. here is balisong that is a good flipper with good contruction and a sweet blade that you dont have to mortgage your house to get. this bali is a steal
    rapdog90 in reply to SuperSourmilk (Show the comment) 1 day ago
    • It flips nothing like the 42 don't kid yourself! do some research on exiled cutlery and get back to us!
    CalviNNation in reply to rapdog90 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

i am aware of the whole boycott benchmade idea which i dont really support but thats their problem not mine. i am just looking for a reasonably priced bali that flips well and according to jeff this fits the bill well
    rapdog90 in reply to CalviNNation (Show the comment) 1 day ago

If thats what you believe you are a moron.
    SuperSourmilk in reply to rapdog90 (Show the comment) 17 hours ago

have you ever handled this balisong before..... i didnt think so, meanwhile i just watched a 16 minute video on it and heard nothing but goods things from jeff.so i dont really see how you van back up your thoughts here
    rapdog90 in reply to SuperSourmilk (Show the comment) 12 hours ago

Its SS not Ti so flips nothing like a 42 for starters. The latch is off the Kimura clones that RSI sell on their site. The spring latch he removes from the CCC/FU42 is also sold on the RSI website. RSI have no factory where they are making these... just a po box. Respected knife makers who have reviewed them state they are a POS and point out why. If you want a 42 clone spend $20 and get one from China OR you could pay RSI $100 for the same thing.
    SuperSourmilk in reply to rapdog90 (Show the comment) 11 hours ago

It's a clone that no longer exists. It's BM's loss since they don't want to make it anymore apparently.
    Bubblewhip341 in reply to SuperSourmilk (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Headline: follow up video will say this knife sucks..
    baliflipordie 1 day ago

It appears we are having a war between Benchmade and assistedknife. Look vary close at what benchmade dose before you trash someone else. They sue when someone uses the name balisong because its close to BALI-SONG. I went and read the law suits. Its BS. That being said there is no question they make good knives but their tactics for keeping rule over Balisongs is fucked.
    1InfinityShade 1 day ago

It's obviously not an attempt to 'rip-off' the 42, now correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about this but this company has basically stated they're copying the 42, I mean really... FU42? Who cares if they don't like Benchmade, they have their reasons, I personally am not too fond of them right now either for making one of their best knives impossible to find :/
    Hadesminion13 1 day ago

I hate living in California with these balisong laws...
    fabian9907 1 day ago in playlist Uploaded videos

Jeff,
    Your a smart guy. Look VERY CAREFULLY at that latch...which balisong is it from? You should be able to tell as you have owned one. LOOK AT IT.
    chrisadmaley 1 day ago 2

JEFF ITS NOT MADE INT HE USA GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT DO SOME FUCKING RESEARCH BEFORE YOU DO A REVIEW.
    chrisadmaley 1 day ago

Well aren't you just a piece of shit, lol...
    heroxlegacy in reply to chrisadmaley (Show the comment) 1 day ago

How am i a piece of shit? Do some research on this balisong and you will realize who actually made it, where it came from. why its even in production. And you will see its crap quality.
    chrisadmaley in reply to heroxlegacy (Show the comment) 1 day ago

How do you sharpen your knives?
    xXrval93Xx 1 day ago

Stropping. Basically pulling your edge across a strip of untreated leather with some polishing compound on it. He has a few vids on it, look them up.
    zanuha in reply to xXrval93Xx (Show the comment) 1 day ago

ALSO, he uses a latch from a different balison. its a JOKe.
    chrisadmaley 1 day ago

JEFF, i haven't watched this yet, but if you give this knife a good review i will freak out. Such a joke, he doesn't care abou tthe knife community hes is such a rude person as well.
    Don't give this knife publicity. It is shit quality anyways, made in fuckin china.
    chrisadmaley 1 day ago

Do NOT buy this knife! Get a Kimura, b200/300, BM 32/51 instead.
    rjpalafox 1 day ago

thinking of getting into flipping, but im up in canada and you cant buy these anywhere, so what is a good site to buy them on. thanks.
    CrabLegs555 1 day ago

Request that he disassemble the knife so customs won't seize it.
    MrMetalBurrito in reply to CrabLegs555 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

illegal in canada
    fellow canadian
    MaximumMatt72 in reply to CrabLegs555 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Hey just wanted to say thanks, been dieing for a bali video, dont care about the drama so if you say its worth it im sold, next buy. I got one of the blk clip point kimuras so ill be happy to add this to my collection.
    Bikat0ru 1 day ago

They are not made in the USA...just saying. They are Chinese clones that the dude at Roadside imported and modded with a new latch and resold. Decent knife or not, I refuse to support a blatant ripoff form a guy that hates Benchmade and is trying to ride their success with the 42.
    DeadPuppyCC 1 day ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

Don't buy this knife its shit . Preach Calvin .. its true. Jeff your still the man.
    kinjo1379 1 day ago

Do you know if this Damascus version will be at the $100 range?
    Mazer2721 1 day ago

Jeff, read up on this knife, please before giving him all this free exposure.
    He uses china knock offs and replaces the hardware with slightly better US hardware and says its USA made and charges triple the amount.
    1snowreaper 1 day ago 2

thats embarrassing how they spelled cutlery wrong on their own package
    southpointchrysler 1 day ago

Dude. Not cool Jeff.
    kinjo1379 1 day ago

my kimura has much less handle play then this one...and it is quite used..
    xtrajently 1 day ago

i have 40 bucks i i want ether a kershaw scallion or a sog flash 1 what shode i get anyone?
    MrZachpow 1 day ago

Whichever you like more. Both good knives.
    zanuha in reply to MrZachpow (Show the comment) 1 day ago

thanks
    MrZachpow in reply to zanuha (Show the comment) 1 day ago

How well does the middle tension pin hold up, is it a cheap metal and deform over time or will it still hold its round form?
    TheGladstoneWrestlin 1 day ago
    • can i has knife? i really want it
    JHF
    unny1000 1 day ago

Money could have been much better spent buying a #62.
    Benchmade has been good to the knife community. We need to support our US companys.
    Not a holes that deceive and manipulate knife lovers into buying Chinese made knives and says their US made.
    1snowreaper 1 day ago

Benchmade do make knives in China..They'r HD and H&K lines...
    xtrajently in reply to 1snowreaper (Show the comment) 1 day ago

They don't claim that their China made knives are made in the US.
    zanuha in reply to xtrajently (Show the comment) 1 day ago

love that blade
    ironhelix45 1 day ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

great review, definitely going to look at this pretty hard.
    roentgen571 1 day ago

Daum freakin cali n there laws X(
    Rumeel12708 1 day ago

Buy it anyway. I've ordered several Balisongs in Cali and the cops haven't knocked on my door yet.
    Mazer2721 in reply to Rumeel12708 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

wuss
    Human Evolution in reply to Rumeel12708 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

hahahaha ill c wat so sssshhhhh lol
    Rumeel12708 in reply to Human Evolution (Show the comment) 20 hours ago

*Balisong

knifeknut0414 1 day ago

THANK GOD! More balison tutorials, i was getting worried that you stopped flipping Jeff
    knifeknut0414 1 day ago

Im upset that you bought this jeff, I love you man, but this knife is such a slap in the face to benchmade! That reason only, no one should buy this!
    CalviNNation 1 day ago

Why not? As consumers, we don't owe any company our loyalty. If it's a reasonable price and well constructed, why not? Just so we don't offend Benchmade? I'm not going to fight the nature of business just for the sake of a company that I like.
    Mazer2721 in reply to CalviNNation (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Exiled cutlery is shit! I haven't watched this all yet, Infact I just started, and jeff I love you but, Please don't buy this!
    Its a slap in the face to benchmade and they do not flip like benchmades and unlike the absolute dick who makes these: THEY ARE NOT BETTER THAN REAL 42s! Also don't believe they are USA made, I bet they are all china produced and PUT together in the US. I think they stole the latches off of bradley too, and they are not Titanium!
    My recommendations are to stay away.
    CalviNNation 1 day ago

i really hate the latch will not be getting the knife because im a new flipper and a latch drop is an imporant move in my flipping arsenal
    Vadermods 1 day ago

Why'd they skimp on the double pins?
    kenshinbattousai374 1 day ago

how much does it weigh??
    theotherkairi 1 day ago

Good review, Jeff. And btw to the other guys wondering where to buy them because they're out of stock or something, PVK has them. Also Knifezilla. ( they both have the same owner so either one will work )
    josetheassassin 1 day ago

The link for all the $99 knife all are TRAINERS ! ! ! !
    kybosshog420 1 day ago

that is soo bad ass man
    knifecollector54 1 day ago

I would rather shoot myself in the foot then support roadside imports by buying from them...
    thenextarcher 1 day ago 11

JB's a good guy. He even gave me a discount on the knife. Just because he isn't willing to suck your dick to make a sale doesn't mean he's a bad guy. He's very real, and he was a pleasure to buy from.
    MrMetalBurrito in reply to thenextarcher (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Holy crap! I just found a box of 16 pop tarts in my pantry! Shit son this is the best day ever. Jeff somehow this was your doing. Thank you.
    HesGoneNuts 1 day ago

i have 2 of them , i like it
    maddrumer69 1 day ago

lol jeff i love you. "ok thats pretty much it" 3mins left in the video XD but its fine because i need a new bali and more reviews on new items more informed i am when buying
    paragonshadow 1 day ago

Wish I could move to Wyoming or Colorado
    Zippo19322 1 day ago

Ive had my kimura for 3 years, had to send it back to kershaw for repair after i dropped it and dented the pin, they fixed it no questions asked and even removed the rust on my blade and sharpened it. For me, the money was well spent and would do it again for sure
    SuperFanny12345 1 day ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

FLIP IT !!
    mawhulk 1 day ago

I bought one. It's fantastic for the first few days you get it, but then it just goes to crap, and the play in the handles SIGNIFICANTLY increases.
    Also, my tang pin is crushed.
    MrMetalBurrito 1 day ago

All of the balisongs on the website he linked to are trainers. For those that don't know, that means that they do not have a sharpened edge and only serve to safely teach you tricks. Brose the other sections of the website before you make a purchase of you want something that actually cuts.
    rKrDuDe265 1 day ago

U know the guy from that web site lost the lawsuit against benchmade ( I saw it comming)
    Hissatsu5 1 day ago

ooooo @CalviNNation is gonna be maaaaad XD
    SlaveOfChristJesus 1 day ago

HECK YES! I just posted!
    CalviNNation in reply to SlaveOfChristJesus (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Got me a case knife thanks to you...wish id of got the bone handle but its all good.
    edgepikr 1 day ago

Though it's basically a blatant copy of the Benchmade 4Xs, I have to say I'm glad this company made these because those were pretty much some of the greatest production balisongs ever, and as soon as the demand rose of for butterflies they just decided to stop making them and instead make those awkward Mangus and Morpho ones. The Bradley's are pretty ugly to me, too. I'll definitely look into one of these...
    Twisted4kStudios 1 day ago

BOOOOO don't buy one!
    CalviNNation in reply to Twisted4kStudios (Show the comment) 1 day ago

>
    Twisted4kStudios in reply to CalviNNation (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Also the "Made in USA" is a joke.
    Seriously man, look up these knives. Not even kidding, I'd like ANYONE to prove to me that all the signs pointing to these being prettied up CCC clones is wrong.
    $100 for a $20 CCC being sold by a guy who's word is worth even less... No thanks man...
    SilentJay908 1 day ago 16

HECK YES!
    CalviNNation in reply to SilentJay908 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

What are the signs?
    Human Evolution in reply to SilentJay908 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

JB of RSI has a long-standing hatred with BM (I mean, even look at the name).
    These came up not too long after a large spread of CCC knock-offs of the 42 (with BM logos and everything).
    The construction is exactly the same as the CCC ones with some upgraded hardware (which doesn't even fit the knife properly).
    He sells "replacement latches" for the 42 that ARE the clone latches.
    And ECC has no factory at all (just a PO box).
    And with YT's char limit, just PM me if you want ALL the info,
    SilentJay908 in reply to Human Evolution (Show the comment) 1 day ago

how much would that knife cost???
    RandomCrap303 1 day ago

Hehehehehe....
    You actually called ECC a "knife company". You're funny Jeff...
    SilentJay908 1 day ago

the kimura isnt as bad as you portray it. I got the prototype one and it got less play than that even though it has been flipped a lot. not rust either. I'm all good with it
    kataklystik 1 day ago

I will be picking one of these up as soon as they hit the site! Thanks for the vid!
    efd5803 1 day ago

Dont do it man, a kimura is a much better option!
    CalviNNation in reply to efd5803 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

tell the tail! i want to know the story now.
    FalconPunch1978 1 day ago

should i get this instead of the kimura??????
    maxbetteto12 1 day ago

out of stock lol
    Bladebouncer199 1 day ago

I was thinking about getting the bear and son B300 but with this knife being $50 cheaper I might get it instead
    snookdog69 1 day ago

Dont do it!
    CalviNNation in reply to snookdog69 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

This has been flagged as spam show
    longislandprepper1 1 day ago

im posting this comment while im watching the video but can you please tell me how you got it they only have trainers on their site
    rapdog90 1 day ago

Go to the Exiled Cutlery companies site, they have links to other distributors who have other models.
    zysilveria in reply to rapdog90 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

In the vid "This one isn't available YET on the website."
    jdavis882 in reply to rapdog90 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

ya i wasnt there yet but u emailed him and he already replied saying i could get one so i guess you can get them through email
    rapdog90 in reply to jdavis882 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

That's fucking awesome. The model name itself is a selling point hahaha
    zysilveria 1 day ago

damn that is one sexy blade Jeff!!
    brigbjones 1 day ago

I went to the website and couldnt find a way to buy it all i saw were the trainers
    jakewyatt14 1 day ago

i watched the first three seconds and u said the word "teaser" so i looked at the video length.........typical jeff lol
    TheMrtanners 1 day ago

I found a 42 2-3 years ago now...not legal in Canada but had it shipped here as a "fishing lure". I want to pick up a morpho too
    crephotos 1 day ago

I can't find the knife on the linked website.
    TheSirQueefington 1 day ago

this specific model isnt for sale yet, by the time the review is ready it will be
    cutlerylover in reply to TheSirQueefington (Show the comment) 1 day ago

have you ever been to smkw.com
    thatoneguythere100 1 day ago

Obvious questions: How can I get one/Should I get this over the kimura.
    I'm going to get one of the other, because I really can't afford to get a bm51/42, but I'm not sure which. I really love that latch system and the typical 42 design, but the Kimura is tried and true.
    HELP ME
    E1337N3SS 1 day ago

1:17 says exiled cuLTery. the video title says exiled cuTLery.
    MINIMI95020 1 day ago

Blatant copy of the 42, hence the name FU42 since assisted knife hates Benchmade. Also a blatant reference to Kick-Ass the movie, where they use a BM42 and is probably used to mis-lead customers. Just so you know. Also whether or not it's made in the USA is being questioned.
    gr8studenthelper 1 day ago

Im well aware of the story behind all this, this is a look at the knife and its quality period...I dont care whos mad at who and for what reasons...lol
    cutlerylover in reply to gr8studenthelper (Show the comment) 1 day ago 8

I understand that, I mean look at the Twist. It's a great knife for the money (I bought one). Although it was a rip off of Darrel Ralph's Twist and he ended up settling with MTech. Nevertheless thanks for a first impressions on this bali. All the ones I've seen have been heavily biased.
    gr8studenthelper in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Darrel Ralph's Typhoon made in TAIWAN which is a rouge province of China. Then the design about a six months later went to China and Mtech Twists models were made. So not a rip off, you'd have to ask Darrel about it but seeing that the Typhoons were AUS8 blades made in Taiwan that everyone seems to ignore and a direct reason why the clone happened so quick and even his name was associated with it. You can call Mtech & they will deny it is their line, perhaps it was meant for the Asian market.
    Roadsideimports in reply to gr8studenthelper (Show the comment) 16 hours ago

Since importation of balisongs or balisong parts into the US is illegal, that's be a pretty obvious assumption, don't you think?
    I also don;t see how this has anything to do with the piece of crap you're trying to pass off as "quality".
    So, explain again why you went ahead with the FU42 which is really just away of you admitting you can't come up with your own design and had to ride of the success and demand of an actual BM42?
    SilentJay908 in reply to Roadsideimports (Show the comment) 16 hours ago in playlist Uploaded videos

You seem rather upset.
    Jallandhara in reply to gr8studenthelper (Show the comment) 1 day ago

not a fan of the balisong just don't see it as a practical knife for me. However in the hand of a skilled flipper they are beautiful. I appreciate beauty so thumbs up for this vid=D
    vampire847 1 day ago

On the website you linked to, they refer to the company as "Bitchmade."
    LOL
    evildude109 1 day ago

not trying to insult you but why do your S's sound the way they do in this video
    xxMINDxBENDERxx 1 day ago

I hjave no front teeth... and videos on it
    cutlerylover in reply to xxMINDxBENDERxx (Show the comment) 1 day ago 17

Oh, whoops , im a semi-new viewer. will go watch them now.
    xxMINDxBENDERxx in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I REALLY hope your just kidding.
    TheOTNightCow in reply to xxMINDxBENDERxx (Show the comment) 1 day ago

didnt know. now i do
    xxMINDxBENDERxx in reply to TheOTNightCow (Show the comment) 1 day ago

had his front teeth removed
    soundpromaster in reply to xxMINDxBENDERxx (Show the comment) 1 day ago

damn it just watch his fucking videos . im tired of people not watching his vids and commenting stupid shit
    baliblades in reply to xxMINDxBENDERxx (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Shut the fuck up. Im tired of people not reading the comments already posted before THEY comment stupid shit. I've already said a few times that im a new viewer so i haven't watched much of his videos. Right after he told me in a COMMENT i went and looked for it in his uploads. It took me a while to find though because he doesn't even have the word teeth in the title so i couldn't search for it. This is possible the last video ill watch of his because of his dumbass fan-base.
    xxMINDxBENDERxx in reply to baliblades (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Don't let them get you down man. I can assure you you'd be missing out on some phenomenal vids if you dismiss Jeff solely due to an inappropriate comment. You deal with 80,000+ subs, you're bound to run into someone who'se gonna give you grief. I PROMISE this isn't indicative of the majority of his fanbase.
    - Joe
    PharmDoc83 in reply to xxMINDxBENDERxx (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Yeah i guess you're right. Youtube is full of people that say stupid comments but this just pushed me over the edge. Thanks
    xxMINDxBENDERxx in reply to PharmDoc83 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Jeff! More gun videos please!
    YouSWes 1 day ago

The lube he usually uses? (;
    KingNoodles217 1 day ago

That look pretty dang killer!
    xiuxiu1313 1 day ago

lol the FU42? wow xD
    jelly0123 1 day ago

yes! i realy wanted to see a video of this knife from you
    tylenator552 1 day ago

This is an offshoot company from the assistedknife guys right? Man they hate Benchmade
    xiuxiu1313 1 day ago

well yeah Benchmade sued him...I might be mad...
    cutlerylover in reply to xiuxiu1313 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

really what for?
    vampire847 in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 1 day ago

they also lost , and they are pices of shit at benchmade they sued him for the use of the word balisong ( among other things )
    ironlungdtoker in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 1 day ago

...and this is not the place to tell the story, thanks, something people tend to forget or dont know is Benchmade is the biggest knife company around and make the most money and has an entire law team...
    cutlerylover in reply to ironlungdtoker (Show the comment) 1 day ago

so because they r rich they can do as they pleaze ? your a fool. the nazis love dumb people like you that just follow along
    ironlungdtoker in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 1 day ago

are*, please*, you're*, Nazis*. The Nazis also loved dumb people like you who can't spell! Easier to conform to sheep mentality, lol.
    heroxlegacy in reply to ironlungdtoker (Show the comment) 1 day ago

You are the fucking dumb-ass. The Nazis aren't even around anymore...Also you spelled your name wrong.
    PUPPYD0GG in reply to ironlungdtoker (Show the comment) 1 day ago

read a fuckin book .
    ironlungdtoker in reply to PUPPYD0GG (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Quit being a moronic waste of oxygen and march yourself off a cliff.
    PUPPYD0GG in reply to ironlungdtoker (Show the comment) 21 hours ago

ughh money gives you powre thats a known fact, Oj simpson killed his wife and is a frtee man its njot because hes a good guy its because hes rich...with their money they get away with thigns other companies cant including lawsuits...
    cutlerylover in reply to ironlungdtoker (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

Comment removed
    Author withheld

What the fuck do you mean "nazis". How is that even relevant?
    thatasiannfella in reply to ironlungdtoker (Show the comment) 22 hours ago

Why isn't this the place to tell a story about knife companies? Who got to you, man?
    edwdixon5 in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 10 hours ago

benchmade 42 and exile 42 haha
    TGsasuke5655 1 day ago

fuck roadside imports.
    MPSecare 1 day ago

All that's in stock is the trainers...nice Bali though
    gstrader73 1 day ago

how does it skip 480p?
    hulksmash911911 1 day ago

"re oil my self with the lube i like to use"...... riiiiiight hahaha
    darkmetalwing 1 day ago

@cutlerylover specs?? also i cant find the real versions of these jsut the traniers
    mlhockey9 1 day ago

I hope one of those new reviews will be that Boker S2.
    Wainwrightization 1 day ago

yes it is
    cutlerylover in reply to Wainwrightization (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I love you for that. I might actually send you a gift to show you some appreciation for it.
    Wainwrightization in reply to cutlerylover (Show the comment) 1 day ago

I'm salivating....
    Revtommy2tone 1 day ago

I thought this was the benchmade 62 because the name fu42
    madarauchiha1106 1 day ago

Man, I haven't been on The Flipping Arena in forever... I miss having a balisong! Still thinking about getting a Kimura. My last bali (cheapo CCC) was pretty hefty and I liked having the weight. The only thing that sucked was getting cut because of the added momentum. Now I know there's another option for $100... Woohoo!
    shadowdra141 1 day ago

Jeff review more Victorinox or Swiss army stuff.
    NewsAsItHappens 1 day ago

yes! you did it!
    BurningValhalla 1 day ago

Not first FUCK
    TheArgenis1 1 day ago

you should do some give aways
    alecnuch123 1 day ago

I hate when people post comments like this...
    tmunds1 in reply to alecnuch123 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

Cool a balisong vid, had not seen one for a while.
    sogtacktics 1 day ago

shit....that is beautiful. It makes me cry :'(
    susashi 1 day ago

RAINBOW DASH IS BEST PONY
    DejaPoo909 1 day ago 2

what the fuck
    darkmetalwing in reply to DejaPoo909 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

no way flutter shy is so much better
    0zone9595 in reply to DejaPoo909 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

In some eps, yes.
    DejaPoo909 in reply to 0zone9595 (Show the comment) 1 day ago

oh, hi jeff. thanks for the finally (kinda) reviewing this knife
    supercaulin 1 day ago

yess baliiiii
    mlhockey9 1 day ago

A 16 minute teaser? We love you Jeff
    powelltonredneck 1 day ago 33

hehehe
    cutlerylover in reply to powelltonredneck (Show the comment) 1 day ago 12

second

supercaulin 1 day ago

O my god...
    ChrisRiley93 1 day ago
    Last edited by knife_SICKness; 05-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Bladerunners Systems -=BRS=- knifezoid's Avatar
    If someone quotes that I'll stab'em.
    www.bladerunnerssystems.com

No cuts no glory.

Contact -=BRS=- about our products, warranty, parts or service at info@bladerunnerssystems.com

Say it ain't so Cutlerlover, Say it ain't So!!!!!
    CL is darkside now

Yeah I seriously still want to be able to say Jeff is a cool guy. His videos are responsible for me getting into this hobby in the first place. I still enjoyed watching the occasional review on something from him. But this is ridiculous. About the ONLY thing he can do now is remove this video and put up a full review showing how crappy the knife is. He had it for a HALF HOUR and made a video praising the thing! If he continues supporting it and RSI, he's lost all credibility to me...

Well I left a comment before they were erased saying this shit has gone on long enough. The vid needs to be removed. RSI is acting a fool dissing the bali community and your sitting by idle. Do something.

So I guess his response was to delete all the comments and he sent me this message.

""I dont speak for him, Im reviewing his product, period, no more no less Im doing this out of request by MANY people, Im sorry it comes with drama...I wont protect and defend nor attack him for any reason or the people arguing with him...""

Removing the comments was the wrong move. He should have kept them up or deleted the vid altogether.
    Last edited by snowreaper1; 05-01-2012 at 11:07 PM.

That's a shweet pipe review though!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPuppy View Post
    Yeah I seriously still want to be able to say Jeff is a cool guy. His videos are responsible for me getting into this hobby in the first place. I still enjoyed watching the occasional review on something from him. But this is ridiculous. About the ONLY thing he can do now is remove this video and put up a full review showing how crappy the knife is. He had it for a HALF HOUR and made a video praising the thing! If he continues supporting it and RSI, he's lost all credibility to me...
    ditto.... I hope he makes things right. In my eye's his credibilty has taken a major nose dive and is reaching subterranean depths.
    Always blow on the pie (safer communities together) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UX8KASASU

"One should forgive ones enemies, but not before they are hanged" - Heinrich Heine

He deleted the comments AGAIN to "clear out the drama"...wrong move buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by knifezoid View Post
    If someone quotes that I'll stab'em.
    Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Jay View Post
    This isn't 4chan!

This is now a Deadpool Thread:

bwahahaha! love you SJ!

I hope 'bali' reads this stuff and gets a clue....no offense, 'bali' .... but as of earlier, you didn't have a clue and you need one.

Well, I'm gonna reserve judgment on Jeff for a while to see how he deals w/ this. (though I must admit, deleting the comments wasn't a great start).

I'm sure he's very well aware of his status in the knife community, and assuming he didn't actually sell-out in some way (I imagine front teeth are expensive), he's probably feeling stunned/blindsided by the backlash from the bali peoples.

He likely regrets ever making the vid. Hell, it's tantamount to Jeremy Clarkson climbing into a 1982 Yugo and declaring it one of the best American made sports cars ever. It's just wrong on so many levels it's gonna be difficult for him to recover in any way that saves face.

He seems like a pretty humble guy though. It'll be interesting to see if he admits any sort of wrong doing, or even responsibliity in regard to passing along what seems to be (via pretty damning evidence) falsified info about a product.

I think what really screwed him up is that up until now, hes been able to just review what's sitting in front of him, and not really worry about the ethics/honesty of the maker because most "American" knife makers are legitimate. Just happens though that this time he got lots of requests to review a Chinese knife pieced together in a shed by a cretin. And he gave it thumbs-up. Bad luck dude.

And it makes no sense to try and play the "neutral party" in this like his msg to snowreaper suggests. Promoting the knife on any level means picking a side. So he can go ahead and keep lovin' on that FU and preaching its goodness all he wants, but in order for him to retain any semblance of trustworthyness (from me at least) he needs to at least ACKNOWLEDGE that

A) there are lots of people with just as much, and in many cases, MORE experience in balisongs than him- and many of those people think differently than he.

B) the true country of manufacture is, at the very least, in question.

Of course, at the end of the day, he's free to review/do/say/delete whatever he wants. It's his account. And you and I are perfectly free to not watch it.

Let's face it- worse things have happened in the world than one asshole selling a shit knife to another asshole. And if anybody buys a $100 blade based solely on the review of one guy (trustworthy or not) without doing any more research themselves, that's pretty much what they are.
    JDBA #31
    "Snakes. They're like bits of rope, only angrier." - Charlie Brooker

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information