Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Incoming OTF eye candy

Quote Originally Posted by Picklicious View Post
    Hey Brother! No havent had a chance to post it yet.

I picked up the Executive (carbon fiber, HP blade as above) and the Criminal (Rados blued damascus, and inlays). Someone had already spoken for the Black Pearl.

These, as you know, are fantastic, and IMHO the best OTFs ever made.

And I have owned a boatload of OTFS. Harkins, Microtech, Sandsharks, Weilands, Daltons... and I can say, nothing comes close to Paul's Razors.

I'll upload a vid of em soon, just have to find the time.
    Hey, nice score. Yes, please show some more pictures/videos of those, especially the Criminal. I was seriously preparing to sell quite some stuff to try get it (but I was expecting it to be sold before I could raise enough funds).

Burn news

Quote Originally Posted by purpledc View Post
    I would love to see him make a lower cost production version of this knife. Or to license the design to a production company so more people could enjoy it. I have been head over heels for this knife since a few years ago when Paul first announced the project. Just out of my reach at the moment.
    "We will have 6 proto types available around June
    of our new body style for the production run of
    Razor's (DA OTF). 4 Stainless steel chassis and 2
    solid Titanium chassis. Production run of Razor's
    limited to 100 serialized pieces starting at $950 each
    with a 7075 aluminum chassis, ATS-34 hand ground
    blade with a satin finish. Watch site for more details."

Link
    Last edited by kizuf; 04-17-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: link corrected

2 of Burn's OTF masterpieces.

Ok finally got the time to take some nice pics with the SLR of the 2 Razor protos I got. Vid coming in a bit too, but not as good of quality.

These are the Criminal and The Executive. Very different knives, despite their shape.

The Executive is Alum chassis, with a ceramic hardcoat applied to it. I love it, because it is difficult to scratch... polished SS can get microscratches in it just by looking at it. Polished inlays of twill CF embellish both the blade and chassis. The Blade is pure bliss, high polished deep hollow grinds both sides...

The Criminal is very different. SS chassis, which has also been ceramic hardcoated. Inlayed with 3 polished blued Rados ladder damascus inlays. The blade is Rados ladder damascus, polished and blued. The damascus is like nothing I have ever seen before...it shimmers and changes shape as you move it, almost like a hologram. I can say this is the most fantastic damascus I have ever seen, and with Paul's grinds, blue, and polish on it, this is my favorite OTF...EVER.

Enjoy the pics.

With a few of my other Burn's

Vid... trying to show the hologram effect of the rados...

Last edited by Picklicious; 04-21-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Colorado High Country (Western Slope @ 8000')
    Images
    Sweet!

Nice job Pick. Took me a minute to realize that last pic was a vid when I clicked it.

See what you mean by the 3D quality of that Rados blade.

Jerry sure can forge and Paul sure can grind...
    If you're not the lead dog, the view's always the same...

Love thoses Burn otf's

Great looking pieces. Burn's pieces are some geat original designs.

Fuck it, I couldn't resist. Go big or go home so I went for it and got my grail. Although Mr Paul Panak's razor drew first blood - it 'killed' my 'piggy bank'

7_burn.jpg6_burn.jpg

Now, I just need to wait to hold it in MY hands
    Last edited by kizuf; 04-30-2012 at 05:04 AM.

I believe you got the last proto type RAZOR BLADE...Lets see some pics when you get it and what you think of it....

Quote Originally Posted by kizuf View Post
    Fuck it, I couldn't resist. Go big or go home so I went for it and got my grail. Although Mr Paul Panak's razor drew first blood - it 'killed' my 'piggy bank'

7_burn.jpg6_burn.jpg

Now, I just need to wait to hold it in MY hands
    Single action OTF's suck....

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICAN View Post
    I believe you got the last proto type RAZOR BLADE...Lets see some pics when you get it and what you think of it....
    Yes, I got the Accomplice and it's all your fault guys
    Unfortunately, it will probably take a long time before I will be able to fondle her. (well, they say patience is a virtue so I'm practising)
    Last edited by kizuf; 05-02-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: typo

Good for you Kizuf, it will be worth the wait. You did indeed get the last of his protos. They are amazing, as I'm sure you will agree. He fileworked and blued that one, so it is sure to be an eye dropper when you get it.

Post pics!!

New model

Anyone heard any thing from Paul aka "BURN" .....about a update on his new model ,it should be out soon.....
    Single action OTF's suck....

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICAN View Post
    Anyone heard any thing from Paul aka "BURN" .....about a update on his new model ,it should be out soon.....
    I check Mr Paank's site regularly, I can't wait to see those new models.
    I still need to wait few months to get the Accomplice so I want to see at least some photos to drool over. Picklicious' video is my bedtime story

There's an update that the new Razors are going to be out soon. I cannot wait for the pictures, 'high polished hand hollow ground blades with Rayskin inlays' sounds great!

Those are sick looking blades. Gorgeous!

I played with it for too short time to write something elaborated. And my experience with other automatics is also limited so I'll sum it up to: "It's fucking amazing knife!"

I love the desing at the first sight. Though I'm very excited to see the new body design of the protos and productions, I doubt it can beat this (for me).

I had an Ultratech next to it, which is completely different category, I know, but at least I could compare that it was easier to fire and retract The Accomplice. It also fires harder and 'smoother'. For me the perfect OTF showpiece.

And quick pictures:

xIMG_5069.jpgxIMG_5064.jpgxIMG_5070.jpgxIMG_5080.jpg

You can see that the tip of the blade goes all the way to the 'skull crusher tip'

xIMG_5082.jpg

wowzers. thanks for sharing. cut anything with it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information