These are the rules for the pass around forum. By signing up for a pass-around, you agree to the following:
1. Jerzeedevil.com is not reponsible for anything pertaining to this passaround.
2. I will ship the knife insured appropriately and within the designated timeframe and agree to replace it if lost.
3. I am over 18 years of age, and the knife involved in the passaround is legal to possess and carry in my jurisdiction.
4. I understand that I am not exchanging money for any goods.
5. I agree to pass along the knife in the condition I received it, or better.
6. If I violate any of these rules, I will be banned and not allowed to participate in any more passarounds.
Complete Passaround forum rules:
By agreeing to take part in any passaround posted on JerzeeDevil, I agree to the following conditions:
1. I release Jerzeedevil.com, it's members, etc from any liability that results from my participating in this passaround. This includes any damages that may result from using, abusing, or testing the passaround knife.
2. I agree that I will have the passaround knife for a set period of days as specified in the passaround thread, then send it to the next person on the list, at my expense. I agree that postage and insurance are my responsibility and that should the knife fail to reach the next member of the list, it is my responsibility to replace it.
3. I agree that should I fail to live up to my obligations in this passaround, I will be banned and my personal information will be published so that others will have "fair warning". This will be left up to the discretion of the moderators. Remember that participation in the passarounds is a priveledge and can be revoked at any time.
4. I affirm that I am over 18 years of age, and that the knife involved in the passaround is legal to possess and carry in my jurisdiction. By choosing to participate in paid passarounds, I agree that the money being sent is not in exchange for any good or service and I agree to release Jerzeedevil.com, it's members, etc from any liability for the loss of the funds invested in the passaround if the knife is lost or destroyed.
When sending the knife, I will send by a method that requires signature confirmation and insure the package for an amount equal to or greater than the replacement cost of the knife. I acknowledge that this will be more expensive and bear the sole responsibility for these costs. I will carefully package the knife / item with all seams taped and the item secured wrapped within the package.
(USPS is considered to be the cheapest and fastest service for mailing a passaround knife, however UPS is faster on claim service).
I will make the best effort to pass along the knife in as good of condition as possible, if not better. If the blade is dull and I feel confident in my sharpening skills, I will put a fresh edge on the knife before I send it along. I will clean any grime or residue off the blade before passing it along.
In the event the knife is broken, fails, or is otherwised destroyed, I will immediately contact whoever is in charge of the passaround.
If the knife has failed due to defect, I will arrange to have the knife returned for warranty service.
If the knife failed due to abuse that is not covered by the warranty, it is my responsibility to replace the knife.
It is *my* responsiblity for getting the knife to the next person on the list.
By participating in the passaround, I agree to adhere to the above posted rules, and any violation of the rules will cause my membership at Jerzeedevil.com to be revoked.