announcement

collapse

SERVER RELOCATION

The site has been migrated to a new server. You may experience errors and these are being monitored and fixed accordingly. Otherwise, happy foruming!
see_more
see_less

2016 Halloween Build Off: Roll up, roll up.

collapse
X
  • filter
  • time
  • show
clear_all
conversation_new_posts

• 2016 Halloween Build Off: Roll up, roll up.

Ok, things have been a little slow around here so it's time to give this a shot in the arm.

For those Devils who have been around long enough to know about the Build Off you can skip straight ahead to subscribing to this area of the forum, encouraging others to do the same and to either sign up to build or encourage others to do so.

For the rest of you, welcome to forum. This is one of the defining things that JD does. Every year we open this part of the forum up to everyone to have a shot at winning the Build Off title.

So what are the rules I hear you ask?

1) Sign up by posting in this thread saying you are in
    2) Build a knife/sword/axe/mace/some other devilish weapon. Typically we prefer ours with an edge
    3) Closing date is midnight on Halloween (31st of October)

That's it.

Now what do you win? Apart from the title, respect and adoration of fellow devils? if you're just starting out or are interested in getting your work known then this is a great way to do that. If you want some advice from other makers then why not start a build and ask for it in your thread?

There will be some other prizes but they are secret for now.

What do you do with the entry after the competition? Many competitors and winners have raffled their entries, this is not compulsory. The entry is yours, sell it, give it away, keep it, chop it up for parts. It is completely up to you.

So that's it in a nutshell. I encourage all of you to get involved in some way. Build, comment, spread the word. Do something.

I'll see you in there.
    Like great knives? Like winning? Like the JD and want it to keep going from strength to strength support it by buying a raffle ticket HERE.

For those brave souls already good to go I'll start the sign up list with your names:

1) Cardoso
    2) McDaniel Knives
    3) mpmetal
    4) Winter

If you want added to the list, simply copy the existing list into your post and add your name to the end. Start your own thread in this section and title it with your name and:

JD Halloween Build Off 2016

Lets get this moving. 8 weeks or so to go.
    Like great knives? Like winning? Like the JD and want it to keep going from strength to strength support it by buying a raffle ticket HERE.

comment

1) Cardoso
      2) McDaniel Knives
      3) mpmetal
      4) Winter
      5) DigsFnK
      Digs Fossils-n-Knives

YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC24...qP65acZa4YiJrg
      Instagram - http://instagram.com/digs_fossils_n_knives

comment

I've started mine yesterday

comment

Woohoo, maybe a site notice to drag the slackers in here. You know, like the "Hey Winter, buy a fucking shirt" banner I always see.

I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

comment

Come on DEvils, only 1,5 month before the end

comment

Mine in still at Peters. I guess I should post pics of what I've done so far.
              Digs Fossils-n-Knives

YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC24...qP65acZa4YiJrg
              Instagram - http://instagram.com/digs_fossils_n_knives

comment

I don't see a lot of player that year. Come on devil, one month before halloween

comment

One month before halloween. It's a lot of time to have fun and make a devillish knife, pimped knife, sword, axe or anything sharp

comment

Come on, come on.

TWO WEEK before the end. It's time to light up the forge, to make some steel dust under the grinder and produce something sharp and fun for the halloween build off

comment

Almost time to bring this year's Build Off to an end.
                      Let's set the deadline as midnight tomorrow. That way you have the full weekend to finish and should have time to fit in a party, trick or treating etc

comment

The deadline has always been Halloween and that is the timeframe I've been working with.

Changing it this late in the game is, well, bullshit.

I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

comment

Seems like bad form to change the end date on this. Hope there was a good reason. In the future if I participate in a build off, I guess its good to know these dates can change.

comment

We could probably use a banner note for the build off to generate more steam for voting!

My YouTube Channel
                            My Feedback Thread

comment

For those of you who got upset, apologies. Mistakes were made and I posted a little early. You are correct the end date has always been AT LEAST Halloween. I believe in the past that has been extended a day or so to allow for last minute finishes etc.

Now that's done, in your build off thread post up 1 pic you want in the voting thread. Title it with 'Build Off voting thread pic' or some such. if not I'll use my judgement to take a pic from your thread. If it's not the one you want well you had your chance.

I'll have a look through the threads tomorrow to see what we have.

comment

working_ellipsis
                              X