announcement

collapse

SERVER RELOCATION

The site has been migrated to a new server. You may experience errors and these are being monitored and fixed accordingly. Otherwise, happy foruming!
see_more
see_less

New Site Suggestions

collapse
X
  • filter
  • time
  • show
clear_all
conversation_new_posts

• New Site Suggestions

Thanks for all the work that has gone into the new site! I just wanted to put down a couple of suggestions. I apologize if these have been addressed elsewhere.

I miss spying on people! I can view everyone that is online, but I can't see what they are looking at. When bored previously I was able to see what others were viewing, and it was a great way to find new topics I had missed. I also liked seeing who was lurking in the sale threads.

It would be nice to have the latest activity feed; now I can only see new threads. On the main page I can see the latest post in each subforum, but it is not the same.

Are we going to bring back red/green reputation? Edit: I read that the like system is the new norm. All good.

Did the balibro section disappear? Edit: I see the link for it in another thread on the topic, but I am told that I am not authorized. Maybe everyone that paid for balibro stuff has to be re-added to the list?

I know that many of these things are probably in the works, thanks again.
    last_edited_by_x_on_y_at_z
    *Formerly known as lepidopterablade*

FEEDBACK

Well said

comment

Well, sometimes all it takes s time. I at least figured out how to see the latest posts. Go to "View All" under "latest topics" at the right of the home screen. By default you see the latest started threads. Change "sort by" to "replies". Voila. Now I have some idea what everyone is up to.

Edit: now that isn't working? It worked fine with all replies in order, now it is doing something different...

FEEDBACK

comment

glad you are sharing your findings. this is going to be my learning square. keep it up
        My Feedback:
        http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/sh...68#post1866268

comment

Wow, this just got weird. I was wrong about clicking "latest topics". When I chose that, sorting by "replies" or by "date-last update" doesn't give me what I want. But here is what does...

I have to be logged out. When logged out and at the main page there are two options at the very top left. "Today's posts" and "members list". If I am logged in I only see "members list". So, logged out again, at the main screen, click "today's posts" in the top left next to "members list". Then it says you are not authorized, so log in! Then I get the list I want. It is a list of all the latest activity. The name of the thread is there and the name of the person that posted last. I think this is what I found the first time, but after I was logged in I couldn't get back to this exact format. I'm sure there is an easier way, I will try to find it. Can someone else try this? I might just be crazy.

FEEDBACK

comment

I think we may be engaging in cyber whack a mole, that is as one issue is addressed another pops up. Keep a stiff upper lip lads...; pip pip,cheerio!
            1. rat's cat for mod in "09", "010", "011" before the world ends...
            2. JD Commerce Rulze (read them; there will be a test): http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/sh...Commerce-Rules

There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-bastards!

comment

Anyone still having issues with editing posts with safari mobile? Everytime I edit it does real weird isht(won't let you scroll down too far in the post being edited, weird small squares appear above/below uploaded images like a bad picture link, backspace to correct typing and it zooms to midway down the post which is the bottom-most point it will let you scroll down to). I miss the desktop version on mobile. Otherwise its not so bad.
              jdba#1234

comment

originally_posted_by_x view_post
                Anyone still having issues with editing posts with safari mobile? Everytime I edit it does real weird isht(won't let you scroll down too far in the post being edited, weird small squares appear above/below uploaded images like a bad picture link, backspace to correct typing and it zooms to midway down the post which is the bottom-most point it will let you scroll down to). I miss the desktop version on mobile. Otherwise its not so bad.
                You're not the only one. Replying to topics is weird too, like a delay after submitting before the new post appears. I can see where the experience is better, and overall less bandwidth probably, but needs some tweaking to get all the bells and whistles greased up proper. I'm happy it works fine in Safari on Mac which is where I do most of my foruming.

Give Ron and the admins time to get adjusted and everything tweaked and I think we'll be doing fine.
                Mike
                MikeyMoto Leather...and Stuff on the mighty JD / Photos of my work

comment

originally_posted_by_x view_post

You're not the only one. Replying to topics is weird too, like a delay after submitting before the new post appears. I can see where the experience is better, and overall less bandwidth probably, but needs some tweaking to get all the bells and whistles greased up proper. I'm happy it works fine in Safari on Mac which is where I do most of my foruming.

Give Ron and the admins time to get adjusted and everything tweaked and I think we'll be doing fine.
                  Any experience with Safari mobile as he is stating?

We're trying our ASSES off, bud! (How about those leather knife rolls?)
                  Originally posted by ratstuph We only destroy dreams here, not "restore" them.
                  welcome to da JD,
                  rats...

→>>JD Devilgirl Mudflap t shirts available here<<←

comment

Replying on Safari mobile RIGHT NOW. Here's what I see that some may not like.

The text box is bigger than my screen by default, so either I type past the edge of the screen or I have to "pinch and zoom" to resize the page so I can see the whole box.

edit: after tapping "post reply" the button grays out for about ten seconds. There's no other visual cue that something's happening. I can see someone assuming nothing is happening. After about 25 seconds the page refreshes with my new post.

edit 2: saving an edit is way faster than making the first post.
                    Mike

comment

The old school "web 1.0" way of foruming where replying loads a/the whole page again was less efficient, but it gave people the satisfaction that something was happening.

In this new world where the updates are dynamic - the whole page doesn't reload (in fact the concept of "page" is dead) - it would probably help people a lot if there was a spinny wheel or something to indicate "yo, I'm working on it!"
                      Mike

comment

Are we going to be able to rate threads again?
                        I must not fear.
                        Fear is the mind-killer.
                        Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
                        I will face my fear.
                        I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
                        And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
                        Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
                        Only I will remain.

Live Long and Prosper

comment

This is some ugly-ass shit. Is there some way to make it look normal again? I've looked, but am not finding it. This new appearance, to me, looks a like five-year old shit on the cat...
                          Randall Made Knives - Bought and Sold
                          www.bluestarknives.com

comment

Skins are going to be soon enough, butt* we are still putting out other, more important fires.
                            Originally posted by ratstuph We only destroy dreams here, not "restore" them.
                            welcome to da JD,
                            rats...

→>>JD Devilgirl Mudflap t shirts available here<<←

comment

The current file size for an *Attached Pic* is 100 kb.

This doesn't allow for any attachments of quality or size beyond a virtual thumbnail.
                              Any way to up the size to ~400 kb at least?

Wouldn't be such an issue if the Gallery was available. But as is, now requires having another site (hosting)
                              open simultaneously to post any good pics...
                              If you're not the lead dog, the view's always the same...

comment

working_ellipsis
                              X