announcement

collapse

SERVER RELOCATION

The site has been migrated to a new server. You may experience errors and these are being monitored and fixed accordingly. Otherwise, happy foruming!
see_more
see_less

Alexa, Order Me A Clue

collapse
X
  • filter
  • time
  • show
clear_all
conversation_new_posts

• Alexa, Order Me A Clue

My brother bought me an Echo Dot(Alexa) for Christmas, and I finally got to tinkering with it last week or so. Then, I came across the linked article, and I was laughing at the mishap that caused some San Diego households to order dollhouses after the news caster reported on the Dallas family's incident. Well, last night I was watching the news and someone said this hoebag's name and she came to life and started talking about whatever the hell they mentioned. It was surprising is all, but really was a wake up call to disable audio ordering or put a pin code on that.

With that said, its pretty cool to be working from home as I do now and tell her, "Alexa, play Marvin Gaye radio station from Pandora. Alexa, connect Bluetooth speaker. blah, blah blah." ♫ ?? ♫
    A comment on a US TV news show activates Amazon Echo gadgets in viewers' homes.
    Boyd Crowder: Well now if I found that kind of money, I'd be in Mexico by now.
    Raylan Givens: Boyd, I've been to Mexico. I don't think you'd like it.
    Boyd Crowder: How so?
    Raylan Givens: There's a lot of Mexicans.

JerzeeDevil... Treating Objects Like Women!

comment

hahaha! that is pretty similar to my dealings with Alexa.
      Boyd Crowder: Well now if I found that kind of money, I'd be in Mexico by now.
      Raylan Givens: Boyd, I've been to Mexico. I don't think you'd like it.
      Boyd Crowder: How so?
      Raylan Givens: There's a lot of Mexicans.

comment

That's what I thought. Be CAREFUL what you ask for....
        JerzeeDevil... Treating Objects Like Women!

comment

working_ellipsis
        X