announcement

collapse

SERVER RELOCATION

The site has been migrated to a new server. You may experience errors and these are being monitored and fixed accordingly. Otherwise, happy foruming!
see_more
see_less

Rogue One

collapse
X
  • filter
  • time
  • show
clear_all
conversation_new_posts

• Rogue One

OK, I was impressed. Someone got it right! A little dark for a SW but to be expected.

... and that ending!
    The Knife Collection (last update April 17)

originally_posted_by_x view_post
    OK, I was impressed. Someone got it right! A little dark for a SW but to be expected.

... and that ending!
    i was not at all impressed with 'the force awakens'.

i didn't even see it in the theater. i skipped out on it altogether until just last night. i figured i was going to need to see it if i was going to see 'rogue one'...

disney being in charge turned me off immediately and almost completely. i still think it shouldn't be their show, but i guess it's bought and paid for now so fuck it i may as well sit back and watch.
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

Live Long and Prosper

comment

I actually enjoyed "most" of FA, yeah there were elements that weren't on par and some of the plot were a bit stretched, in all it wasn't at all bad.

Really looking forward to R1, especially hearing it being a bit darker in tone.
      sigpic JDBA#1979

comment

I liked "Force Awakens" well enough. Seen it quite a few times now. Some of it was a little lame but it was a pretty good homage to the original films.

"Rogue One" was much better though.

Watching "A New Hope" now, of course

comment

Really looking forward to seeing Rogue One.

I liked FA well enough but did find Kylo Ren to be a little bitch that reminded me of a spoiled child with his little temper tantrums and not of the same class as the previous villains.

I've seen every one on the big screen when first released, including A New Hope, so why break the tradition now........
          Is there anything a man don't stand to lose,
          When the devil wants to take it all away?
          Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze
          Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today.

After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents... Tex Grebner

comment

Rogue One was awesome! Lot's of hat tips to the old school and random guest appearances. The sets and costumes were true to the original movies.

I'm sure I'll go see it again and spend a little time judging it yet I'm guessing I'll enjoy it just as much if not more. Great story contained within itself that made it all happen.

I give it two thumbs up!

comment

Just back from the theater, flu and all. Three thumbs up, entertaining for sure!
              Originally posted by ratstuph We only destroy dreams here, not "restore" them.
              welcome to da JD,
              rats...

→>>JD Devilgirl Mudflap t shirts available here<<←

comment

Fanfuckingtastic! That is all.
                What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." -- Conan

And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours...
                Fuck Microtech!

comment

originally_posted_by_x view_post
                  Fanfuckingtastic! That is all.
                  Cool piece of story that was definitely missing from the 1st released film*

Originally posted by ratstuph We only destroy dreams here, not "restore" them.
                  welcome to da JD,
                  rats...

→>>JD Devilgirl Mudflap t shirts available here<<←

comment

That was the first movie I've been to in ages that the audience actually applauded when it ended!

comment

Being 38, I didn't see 4,5, or 6 in theaters... But I have seen everything since then, on opening night. I have never been disappointed by any of them. Sure there are some things that were just (Jar Jar) dumb, but overall I am just a fan of Star Wars.

That being said, Rogue One was GREAT. I was thoroughly impressed.
                      Stay Sharp
                      JDBA # 65535

Check out what else I do...

www.facebook.com/almondybrown www.reverbnation.com/almondybrown www.youtube.com/almondybrown www.instagram.com/itsalmondybrown www.twitter.com/itsalmondybrown

comment

working_ellipsis
                      X