PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Gil Hibben, Jack Crain, Jimmy Lile...

kougar
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
A friend of mine has decided to thin his collection a little after recently retiring. He was a very active collector until the late 1980’s and has some great vintage pieces. This is a sampling of knives that have been out of circulation for 20+ years.
First up is a Gil Hibben Tanto/Survival Knife! He purchased this from Gil in 1986 at a show in Dallas. Gil said at that time this knife “was a motherfucker to make and won’t do another one.” Highly polished blade measures 12 7/8”. Overall length is 19 ½”. Tanto tip with a double cut saw-back. Stainless guard. Paracord wrapped hollow handle with a compass in the butt. Cased in a black stitched leather sheath. It is mint and has been wrapped in cloth in the safe for 20 years. He is asking $5,000 for this specimen.
Next is a Jimmy Lile Vietnam Service commemorative. Serial number is #22 of 100. This one has the 7” polished blade, some also had a bead-blasted blade. 12” overall length. Green nylon wrapped hollow handle. Brass hilt and butt cap. Johnson Sheathery leather sheath. Asking $2,250 for this one.
Last and certainly not least a Jack Crain dagger from the “Commando” movie. This is serial number 3. Numbers 1-6 were used in various parts of the film and returned to Jack. 6” spearpoint blade with a saw-back. Measures 10 ¾” overall. Stainless hardware with a bead-blasted finish. Black nylon cord wrapped hollow handle with a compass in the butt cap. Butt cap is etched with “Southwind Sanctions”. Asking $3,000.
Serious inquiries can email me cougar366@yahoo.com for some addl. Photos. Serious collector pieces being offered here! A real opportunity to take advantage of my friend being in the right place at the right time to snag these knives! Offers will be entertained but since they have stashed away for over 20 years he is in no hurry to sell. Let me know if I can answer any questions!

EdAz
01-09-2009, 07:11 PM
[/B]Incredible, i love the Lile.no i lied i love them all.awesome collection.

cutty
01-09-2009, 07:25 PM
That's a lot of money for knives. WoW. :devilzeek

I notice you have a lot of red rep. Why is that?

kougar
01-09-2009, 10:00 PM
That's a lot of money for knives. WoW. :devilzeek

I notice you have a lot of red rep. Why is that?

Yeah, but it is a lot of knives!
My reputation and honesty are above reproach--but there are some amongst the crowd that have formed their own opinions!

cutty
01-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry but your rep is red. I just wanted to let everyone know that.

It seems the red has increased.

For 2 or 3 THOUSAND a knife people should know.

If they are real they are great though.

kougar
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry but your rep is red. I just wanted to let everyone know that.

It seems the red has increased.

For 2 or 3 THOUSAND a knife people should know.

If they are real they are great though.

They are real and anyone in the DFW area is welcome to come fondle them all they want! The red, unfortunately, is a misrepresentation!
These are available for inspection at my place anytime, any day.

cutty
01-09-2009, 11:14 PM
To the members of JD. The only reason I have not locked or made this post be gone, is because of the knives. If they are real--they are great.

Everyone has the info now. I am locking it because of the red. The rep is here for a reason. Thanks.